METALLICA IS DEAD TO ME!!@@!!!

I_am_the_smartest
I_am_the_smartest
10/16/2002 3:45 am
Is it really true that metallica is really doing rap?!? What the hell? I read that on some metallica weebsite that they're doing rap with ja rule on an album called G.H.ET.TO. stories or something. they were my first inspiration to the good kind of metal, not the crap today!I told my friend about the article and he was so pissed and sad that a band would go that far to sell out! What went wrong exactly?? was it because there bassist died that they had to make their so-called "bible" of a cd the black album? compare it to and justice and it's sad.it goes from metal, to blues, to country and now to rap. i've found a band that in my opinion is better now that i can learn from called Megadeth and it's a shame why they never got as famous as metallica since their solos are so much better and just in my opinion their blending of riffs and guitars sound so much better. Anyways metallica can burn and die on a flaming bus full of sh*t if they're doing rap!!
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
10/16/2002 8:11 am
its always the same with that commercial/non-commercial attitude of musicians. As long as they do not earn money with their music they are absolutely anti-comm but show me the one that would say "no thanx" when a huge label offers you a kickass car and a few chicks for goin out on stage.

Basically EVERY music is commercial music as soon as it is sold. Metal is commercial too or have you seen a metal band giving away their albums for free? Or have you seen bands giving all their concerts for free?

Thatz just the way it is. And as soon as you are signed at some label you are under their command. "hey this riff is great, but what about playing it not THAT distorted? Only this time. Yeah - you are great - you have a great future with that attitude!" .. thatz how it starts - and metallica is how it ends.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/16/2002 12:12 pm
Metallica is pretty goan. But for me they are still a great band but it seems like they donĀ“t have much to give nowdays. We canĀ“t except an ...And Justice For All album from Metallica now, hell, IĀ“m not even sure if they can play that well nowdays. But they are biggest.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 3
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
10/16/2002 2:47 pm
To me, Metallica were dead right after Reload. I thought they'd realize Load wasn't accepted by metal heads and most of their fans, and return to old school thrash we'd expect from them... and I was truly dissapointed that even if I had to compare between those 2 albums, I'll say load is better . also I thought S&M would be a cool idea , but it came out very dissapointing (to me).

And now what ?? they are releasing rap songs...very cool... I realy wish they quit, or changed their name before they release such crap in order to be remembered as Rock legends.

I agree that Megadeth had greater solos than Metallica when Marty Friedman played with'em (specialy 'Rust In Peace' album),also their rhythms were always more complicated than Metallica, but the reason they could never be bigger or as big as Metallica is that they always tend to follow Metallica..
e.g. Metallica Releases 'And Justice for all' in 1988 which is considered as the most complicated of their albums , in 1990 Megadeth releases 'Rust in Peace' which also considered as the most complicated of their albums ... 'Countdown' & 'Youthanasia' are more slow and melodic just like 'the black album'...
Also Cryptic was realesed shortly after Load, same for Risk which is compared to Reload..
The only exception here is 'the world needs a hero' , bec metallica haven't released any new material at that period, so Megadeth returned to 'rust in peace' style, and they also released 'Return to Hangar' which is a newer version of 'hangar 18', just like what metallica did when they released 'Unforgiven II'..

It's realy funny to have such musical series... now that Metallica are releasing a new album , with some expected rap tracks... who can tell there won't be songs such as 'Fade to Black 2' & 'Unforgiven III' in that album ?!

[Edited by SLY on 10-16-2002 at 10:05 AM]
# 4
atc323
atc323
10/16/2002 4:12 pm
Just to be clear, Metallica's next album is not going to be a rap album. They just let Ja Rule use one of their riffs on this rap compilation album of some sorts. It's one song and, to my understanding, only 1 riff. I won't judge them until the next full album comes out. You can say they have regressed from 'justice' if you want, but I really liked some of the covers and old ****e from 'garage inc' (listen to Killing Time). I don't wanna start up a whole argument about Metallica v. Megadeth.. but in my opinion Marty Friedman is a hell of a lot better at shredding.. fast solos and Kirk is better at melodic solos. I also think that's why Metallica became more popular. Jamez makes those kick ass riffs and Kirk creates solos that get stuck in your head forever.. Megadeth is great, but their music is more for people who are really into metal and not just what they hear on the radio - Metallica is for everyone.
# 5
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
10/16/2002 6:53 pm
metallica isnt for me.

im not gonna argue with metal heads, if thats what your into, fine, cool...
# 6
I_am_the_smartest
I_am_the_smartest
10/17/2002 1:15 am
so metallica's not making a full rap album then?? i thought that was the case that i got from reading the ja rule article. megadeth also did start to sell out with that risk album (which i don't even wanna hear b/c my friend said it was more pop than metal). but at least they came back to playing metal instead of doing exactly what metallica did. so what type of music does the new album for metallica have if it may not be rap? (by the way reload sucked HUGE BALLS compared to load which i thought was decent)
# 7
metalisbest
metalisbest
10/17/2002 1:28 am
Metallica...hmm. I hope they do something better then what they have been putting out. God Bless their souls!
# 8
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
10/17/2002 3:13 pm
Originally posted by SLY

It's realy funny to have such musical series... now that Metallica are releasing a new album , with some expected rap tracks... who can tell there won't be songs such as 'Fade to Black 2' & 'Unforgiven III' in that album ?!

Lmao!

Recently I have lost interest in Metallica and gone into different styles but I still have a lot of respect for them. Yes,theres the napster and selling out issue but whenever I hear their new stuff like Reload, S&M etc I think 'well at least they dont make the same album every time.' I loved the country things like Mama Said and Tuesdays gone.....they weren't scared to go into new areas and risk disappointing their fans by not keeping to the hard-thrash macho-posturing image of metal. And of course there's Hammet who's one of my biggest influences. Even when jamming along with the blues I find myself playing licks and thinking, 'yeah, I learned that from KH.'

I don't really think the Deth tried to measure up to metallica...they may not rank so highly as metallica on your average '50 greatest metal bands' poll but to me they certainly have an individual style...I thinks there's some truth in saying that their solos are harder to play. I once heard Friedman referred to as 'the complexity king' coz he jumps around the large note-intervals. And the Deth tend to use irregular time signatures in a more complex way (Like Five Magics, Ashes in your Mouth.) It's sad they broke up just after World Needs a Hero.....that album was a plesent surprise after the comapritively radio-friendly, solo-deprived Risk.

New album? I daresay I'll buy it.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 9
atc323
atc323
10/17/2002 6:07 pm
From what I've heard in interviews and seen at metallica.com the new album is gonna be more like "i disappear". The rap thing is just one song and its not even gonna be on their new album, but basicaly we'll just have to wait and see...
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.