View post (METALLICA IS DEAD TO ME!!@@!!!)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
10/16/2002 2:47 pm
To me, Metallica were dead right after Reload. I thought they'd realize Load wasn't accepted by metal heads and most of their fans, and return to old school thrash we'd expect from them... and I was truly dissapointed that even if I had to compare between those 2 albums, I'll say load is better . also I thought S&M would be a cool idea , but it came out very dissapointing (to me).

And now what ?? they are releasing rap songs...very cool... I realy wish they quit, or changed their name before they release such crap in order to be remembered as Rock legends.

I agree that Megadeth had greater solos than Metallica when Marty Friedman played with'em (specialy 'Rust In Peace' album),also their rhythms were always more complicated than Metallica, but the reason they could never be bigger or as big as Metallica is that they always tend to follow Metallica..
e.g. Metallica Releases 'And Justice for all' in 1988 which is considered as the most complicated of their albums , in 1990 Megadeth releases 'Rust in Peace' which also considered as the most complicated of their albums ... 'Countdown' & 'Youthanasia' are more slow and melodic just like 'the black album'...
Also Cryptic was realesed shortly after Load, same for Risk which is compared to Reload..
The only exception here is 'the world needs a hero' , bec metallica haven't released any new material at that period, so Megadeth returned to 'rust in peace' style, and they also released 'Return to Hangar' which is a newer version of 'hangar 18', just like what metallica did when they released 'Unforgiven II'..

It's realy funny to have such musical series... now that Metallica are releasing a new album , with some expected rap tracks... who can tell there won't be songs such as 'Fade to Black 2' & 'Unforgiven III' in that album ?!

[Edited by SLY on 10-16-2002 at 10:05 AM]