View post (METALLICA IS DEAD TO ME!!@@!!!)

View thread

TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
10/17/2002 3:13 pm
Originally posted by SLY

It's realy funny to have such musical series... now that Metallica are releasing a new album , with some expected rap tracks... who can tell there won't be songs such as 'Fade to Black 2' & 'Unforgiven III' in that album ?!

Lmao!

Recently I have lost interest in Metallica and gone into different styles but I still have a lot of respect for them. Yes,theres the napster and selling out issue but whenever I hear their new stuff like Reload, S&M etc I think 'well at least they dont make the same album every time.' I loved the country things like Mama Said and Tuesdays gone.....they weren't scared to go into new areas and risk disappointing their fans by not keeping to the hard-thrash macho-posturing image of metal. And of course there's Hammet who's one of my biggest influences. Even when jamming along with the blues I find myself playing licks and thinking, 'yeah, I learned that from KH.'

I don't really think the Deth tried to measure up to metallica...they may not rank so highly as metallica on your average '50 greatest metal bands' poll but to me they certainly have an individual style...I thinks there's some truth in saying that their solos are harder to play. I once heard Friedman referred to as 'the complexity king' coz he jumps around the large note-intervals. And the Deth tend to use irregular time signatures in a more complex way (Like Five Magics, Ashes in your Mouth.) It's sad they broke up just after World Needs a Hero.....that album was a plesent surprise after the comapritively radio-friendly, solo-deprived Risk.

New album? I daresay I'll buy it.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'