What would you do with a trillion dollars?

Kirk Hammett worshiper
Kirk Hammett worshiper
09/08/2002 6:29 am
Well, I think the subject of this thread is pretty self-explanatory. What would you do with a trillion dollars? I myself would of course, buy every guitar known to man, buy the McDonald's food chain, and then run through Oakland, CA with hundred dollar bills glued to my naked body.

Now it's your turn.
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, but it can get pretty crappy these days.
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
09/08/2002 2:06 pm
I'd pay some guy to kill kirk Hammett. Then I'd buy a new pair of shoes. Running shoes... Moma always said you know an awful lot by a person's shoes...
# 2
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/08/2002 2:33 pm
I'd pay someone to protect kirk hammett from murderous people. I know you say the guy's over-rated and I know there are more technical and original players out there but I think some of his solos are seriously cool, Satch rated him as a good student.
As for shoes, don't ever judge a guy by his Buck (skin) cover!
I wear terrible shoes.

Seriously though.. a trillion's a lot of money. I'd buy myself a double neck (bass and guitar - Michealangelo style with necks at 120 degrees), through neck with synthesiser potential double floydd roses with a built in harp for cool drone notes.
Then I'd pay off my sisters debts, provide mother for a comfortable retirement buy a couple of houses, a motor caravan, driving lessons, diving instructions, more education (learn some scarier maths and physics perhaps) and then give the rest to OXFAM bar some put in the bank to acrue intrest.

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 3
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
09/08/2002 2:45 pm
I wasn't serious you know? :D

Seriously, I'd build some kind of place where aspiring guitarists could come and learn music. Much like a college or something like GIT. Except it would be based on motivation, not money.
Then I'd open some kind of Bar (a blues one) and bring all them players to gig there. (BB, Buddy etc...), then, I'd buy myself some kind of cool guitar, not a fancy one, maybe a 1952 reissue telecaster.
Oh yeah, and I'd give away all those guitars... I'd buy some cool ones, then give them to the best students, and to my friends. I know a lot of players out there can't afford a guitar with a decent playability...

Then I'd pay Kirk Hammett's protector to kill him themselves... Or maybe I'd pay Lars or James to kick his butt in a live show, during one of his solos... Big boot in the ass... Or maybe I'd pay Joe Satriani to kill him during a G3 tour... :D
# 4
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/08/2002 3:00 pm
Maybe you won't have to, perhaps petrrucci will anyway!

Having said this overall satch is my favourite writer of guitar music and possibly a deity but I'm more scared of Pettrucci who might be the devil.

Like the idea of a guitar college..

I've thought some more. I would set up a commune based on sustainable energy sources, organic farming, recycling, learning and trying to convert the dissinterested, materialistic and corrupt western world with common sense secular (hence actually shared by the majority of religions) values.

Then I'd pay for President Bushes assasination. Following this I'd sit in a bar all day drinking absinthe, smoking toad and getting sexual favours from nubile young women.
# 5
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/08/2002 3:01 pm
Oh my God! I've just realised I'm a senior member, how did that happen? Fame at last.. ahhh..
# 6
jesse sutton
jesse sutton
09/08/2002 6:24 pm
the first thing i would do is got to McDonalds and buy two hamburgers with only mustard and ketchup and a large fry, with a small coke (because of free refills.) Then i would move to banff alberta (canada, for those who dont know) and open a little bar/pub that plays little musicians that pass through or whatever. then i propose to the love of my life, and move to a tropical island in the south pacific like pago pago, or bora-bora. Then i would buy a smaller island, and open a little resort, but it would so small and it wouldnt be a big hassle. the rooms would be little cottages on the beach, and every night we would have little beach parties with the tourists. but the place would be extremely cheap so that even the poorest of travellers could stay there. Every day, i would take the people out on my home-made boat and we would scuba-dive and swim through the reefs. Then i would take them on tour through the island, which is small enough to walk around within a day.
oh and i would play guitar and write songs to my wife, and write wonderful guitar songs meant to be played with an orchestra, that most likely wouldnt ever be played anywhere but in my head, and i would play little shows in the dining area of the main cottage. Then i would give most of the money away to charities and stuff, because it wouldnt be too expensive to maintain a little island resort, (no more then fifty million, i assume.)

this is what i would do with a trillion dollars.

jesse sutton (canada kicks ass)
life is all about having sex with beautiful women.
# 7
Kirk Hammett worshiper
Kirk Hammett worshiper
09/08/2002 7:33 pm
After I did all the stuff I mention at the very beginning, I think I would buy Canada, too. I'm sure that would only be a couple hundred billion. And then I'd buy a huge house boat and live off the coast of Nova Scotia.
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, but it can get pretty crappy these days.
# 8
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/08/2002 8:02 pm
hmmm where should i start?!
get myself a huuuuuge house like all the rappers from mtv's cribs
then have a golden toilet
then ill build a studio in the basement
and opening a nice blues pub is a great idea

oh yeah and ill get my own "celebrities only nudy bar"
with britney spears and such and such

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 9
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/08/2002 8:50 pm
first thing first... a child hood ambition i need to forfill....
I'd get on the underground/ the subway, and pull the emergency brakes, and pay the on the spot fine off £200... i would keep repeating this untill i would get bored...
So a few months later, I would begin to use my finances to de-stabalize the markets (and teach the capatalist pig dogs a lesson :D)... in a matter of time, the markets would crumble, and i wouuld be the main holder of world wealth (by this point i would have aquired gold in place of dollars, so should the dollar crash, I'll still be rich)... there would be anarchy, the world armies would be in dissaray, after several months of never once being payed. That would be the chance i'd be waiting for, I'sd seize the world arsenal of nuclear/ boilogical weapons, fire them off into space (or have them destroyed by other means). I would buy the pentagon and other big millarty establishments around the world, and transform it into a botanical gardens, I would share the wealth, fight to solve the clean drinking water problem, yada yada yada, and we'd all live in peace, because i will start schools (cos the old ones will have collapsed), and peace will be taught as a part of the cirriculum, and i'll get them to run lots of tapes of the horrors of war instead of getting them to watch frigging pokemon...

My "houses": would have everything including lots and lots land on witch i'd have my own aircraft hanger (for those genuine echo sounds when your rehersing), man-made lake, danish pastery bakeries, like 10 chefs on call at anyone time (so i can have what ever i want when i want it), guitar facotries, the biggest aquarium you'll ever see, a painting island (where i could go to paint and relax in the tropics), and guitar island (same as painting, but differnt island), pay bill gates to be my court jester, private army for tracking down those who have wronged me... ooops, did i type that last one?, scratch taht *for now*

# 10
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/08/2002 9:05 pm
I would buy a huge house, half of it would be a music room, on a lakefront. I'd have an airplane and a big electric death ray to scare off salesmen.
Then I'd buy all the guitars I've ever wanted, and maybe a music store to run, just for the experience, and put the rest of the money in the bank and live off the interest.
I would also eliminate all the money problems of everyone I know that have money problems.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 11
nechako
nechako
09/09/2002 11:03 pm
I would buy my home town, everything, pay every loser to go somewhere else, then bulldoze it and build a nice town. Next I would buy the media out so that I could get my music out. Then, then, the, women, travel, spacetravell, I would build myself into a cyborg and live forever in the future like eddy from iron maiden, basically start by paying my bills and buying my freedom.
# 12
Bardsley
Bardsley
09/10/2002 1:36 pm
Pony, that's the best yet (though I love the painting Island ed). He he, don't get mad, buy out the company. :D
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 13
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/13/2002 9:45 pm
Come to think of it, I'd buy microsoft off of Bill Gates, then buy him some cool glasses.
-And it was good
# 14
Ginner
Ginner
09/14/2002 1:12 am
Originally posted by jesse sutton
the first thing i would do is got to McDonalds and buy two hamburgers with only mustard and ketchup and a large fry, with a small coke (because of free refills.) Then i would move to banff alberta (canada, for those who dont know) and open a little bar/pub that plays little musicians that pass through or whatever. then i propose to the love of my life, and move to a tropical island in the south pacific like pago pago, or bora-bora. Then i would buy a smaller island, and open a little resort, but it would so small and it wouldnt be a big hassle. the rooms would be little cottages on the beach, and every night we would have little beach parties with the tourists. but the place would be extremely cheap so that even the poorest of travellers could stay there. Every day, i would take the people out on my home-made boat and we would scuba-dive and swim through the reefs. Then i would take them on tour through the island, which is small enough to walk around within a day.
oh and i would play guitar and write songs to my wife, and write wonderful guitar songs meant to be played with an orchestra, that most likely wouldnt ever be played anywhere but in my head, and i would play little shows in the dining area of the main cottage. Then i would give most of the money away to charities and stuff, because it wouldnt be too expensive to maintain a little island resort, (no more then fifty million, i assume.)

this is what i would do with a trillion dollars.

jesse sutton (canada kicks ass)

couldnt have said it better.

but......i would also buy the guitar company GODIN
Do or do not. There is no try.

# 15
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/16/2002 1:03 pm
Probably not. And they certainly wouldn't have enslaved them.
-And it was good
# 16
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/16/2002 1:09 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
I don't know... did vai, petrucci, bb king, etc etc hang out with master artist while they were learning....?

actualy... vai hanged around with Satriani, or at least was his student
and b,b king.. well when b.b was young all the blues players hanged around witch each other, so he probably knew all the blues guys
but im just being a smart ass now :)
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 17
malweth
malweth
09/16/2002 4:26 pm
Well... after my first private concert with Billy Joel (just family & friends :)) And my $6,999,000 house in Narragansett, http://www.riliving.com/PropSearch/sfformdetails.asp?MLSid=115499, I'd probably think about some nice guitar (and other music) companies I'd buy. Maybe I'd get Fender and move the squier line out of Mexico...

And, of course, I'd also get my nice big vacation house in Bermuda (purchased from Alan Greenspan). I saw Greenspan's house down there... it's not huge, but it's a really nice mansion!

After all that... who knows! Settle down with my hobbies and businesses, I guess... :)
# 18
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/16/2002 5:55 pm
If I had a trillion dollars, I'd squander it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 19
Slow Diver
Slow Diver
09/17/2002 8:15 am
I would buy pay the Backstreet Boys let their hairs grow a little bit and play some grindcore-death metal thing. I will make them sign a contract for 10000 albums with grindcore death metal.
I will do the same with all the pop stars. They wont refuse -- after all they are all doing it for the Benjamines.
The world is loaded, it's lit to pop, nobody is gonna stop!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.