weed

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/17/2021 1:35 am

It is true that you build up a resistence. Best to do it intermittently.

Unless you're Willie.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 1
dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
01/17/2021 2:59 am
Originally Posted by: faith83

It is true that you build up a resistence. Best to do it intermittently.

Unless you're Willie.

Sage advice Faith, sage advice!

# 2
stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
01/17/2021 4:06 am

They say it's good for your appetite. So if you need to get rid of a pack of your favorite snack it could be the ticket!

# 3
bbriant
bbriant
01/17/2021 7:07 am

weed is what album covers where made for when CDs came out did the the amount of weed smoked fall?

Anyone tried to roll a spliff on a CD cover?

# 4
bbriant
bbriant
01/17/2021 7:11 am

and what was your favourite album cover for rolling? mine was any Santana album.

# 5
bbriant
bbriant
01/17/2021 7:20 am

Also on a more serious note I would not of picked up a guitar or any other instrument for that matter if i had not been smoking weed. There was always a guitar or drum or other instrument when I went to some other persons house. the two things go together.

# 6
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/17/2021 6:34 pm
Originally Posted by: bbriant

Also on a more serious note I would not of picked up a guitar or any other instrument for that matter if i had not been smoking weed. There was always a guitar or drum or other instrument when I went to some other persons house. the two things go together.

[br]They do. I think that creativity and mind-altering experiences go hand in hand and trying to separate them is 1. fruitless and 2. a mistake. Everything in moderation, though. Responsible consumption.

Also, if you're not familiar with Carl Sagan's essay on cannabis, it's worth a read.

https://highexistence.com/carl-sagans-profound-essay-on-why-cannabis-consciousness-is-desperately-needed-in-this-mad-and-dangerous-world/

# 7
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
01/17/2021 7:37 pm

Faith... I want to get some of that pot that Carl used!! I guess I probably would need Carl's brain to acheive the same result..... But Damn!!! Sounds amazing!

One of the thing that I pay attention to is the seperation of our brains from our bodies. When it come to music, this seperation is very limiting. The brain is so enamored with it self that it frequently looses conection with the rest of who we are. We over look our intuition, we just assume that we control our lives and our bodies and overlook many miraculous ablities.

Muscle memory is taken for granted, and this is the place where the musician pays the price for this cerebral delusion about how powerful the brain is. The brain will insist "look how powerful I am" and completly dismiss the fact that the brain is not where music get made. Muscle Memory is the real power house of musical proficency. Muscle Memory is how we master the physicality of musicianship.

One of the thing that I like about pot is that it stops the brains insistance that I bow down to it's overwhelming superiority. "I am the All mighty and powerful wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to that man (ie muscle memory, emotion, and intuition) behind the curtian" the brain shouts. Pot shuts that crock of bull right down.

I am not saying that the brain is not critical to success in music. IT IS! It is just not the be all end all, do all, answer that it likes to claim. Pot has helped me with this, brain centric focus delema. Music is made by people who are strongly in touch with the real powerhouse of musical success... which is a fully aware (mind, body, soul) musician. Pot helped me see beyond the limited reach of this intellectual bullying.

Not to say this will work for everyody, it won't! Just like my brain didn't get the same effect as Carl Sagen, everybody is unique.

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 8
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/17/2021 8:11 pm

57 years of life, I've never tried it.

Faith, what's got you stressed out?

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 9
dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
01/17/2021 8:54 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

Hope... I want to get some of that pot that Carl used!! I guess I probably would need Carl's brain to acheive the same result..... But Damn!!! Sounds amazing!

One of the thing that I pay attention to is the seperation of our brains from our bodies. When it come to music, this seperation is very limiting. The brain is so enamored with it self that it frequently looses conection with the rest of who we are. We over look our intuition, we just assume that we control our lives and our bodies and overlook many miraculous ablities.

Muscle memory is taken for granted, and this is the place where the musician pays the price for this cerebral delusion about how powerful the brain is. The brain will insist "look how powerful I am" and completly dismiss the fact that the brain is not where music get made. Muscle Memory is the real power house of musical proficency. Muscle Memory is how we master the physicality of musicianship.

One of the thing that I like about pot is that it stops the brains insistance that I bow down to it's overwhelming superiority. "I am the All mighty and powerful wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to that man (ie muscle memory, emotion, and intuition) behind the curtian" the brain shouts. Pot shuts that crock of bull right down.

I am not saying that the brain is not critical to success in music. IT IS! It is just not the be all end all, do all, answer that it likes to claim. Pot has helped me with this, brain centric focus delema. Music is made by people who are strongly in touch with the real powerhouse of musical success... which is a fully aware (mind, body, soul) musician. Pot helped me see beyond the limited reach of this intellectual bullying.

Not to say this will work for everyody, it won't! Just like my brain didn't get the same effect as Carl Sagen, everybody is unique.

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!

I think I know what you're saying, but for the record, muscle memory (and emotion and intuition) are not in the muscles (or anywhere else), they too are in the brain.

# 10
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
01/17/2021 10:15 pm

I guess I should have specified "Intellecutal" brain, because you are right about emotion and soul comming, (at least in differing parts) from the anotomical brain. I was talking about the kind of "stuck in your head" thinking that leads to people playing in their heads. It gets in the way of attaining the things that music thrives on. That anoying voice whispering "I am not getting as far as I thought I should when I started GT a few months ago" Or " Oh shit here comes my solo" or any of the multitude of distractions that the Intellectual Brain likes to throw in your path. It is the "Im not good enough" chorus.....All that bull shit that get in our way. There is little room for soul or intuition when you are locked in that head set. That is what I was trying to get at and sometimes pot helps me let go of that crap.

However I do believe that Muscle Memory does not reside in the brain, but rather in the spine and in the muscles themselves. That is what all atheletes work on, and playing guitar is very much an atheletic pursuit. The brain says "play a G chord... but to do that, your spine and your muscles have learned how to side step the brain in your head.

If the impulses required to play a hot riff, or make a great jump shot, or to ski tight trees ... all had to go though your brain, you could not do the skilled physical things that you aspire to. Muscle memory an interplay between the muscle fibers and the nervous system. My understanding is that your muscles and the spine do all that stuff by learning repeatable, inervation, and micro-muscular patterns. This greatly reduces the distance that all those impulse patterns have to travel, thus greatly increasing the speed at which you can physically preform. All done without anything above the spine.

This also allows your brain to do what it does best. LIKE... anticipation and timing, or hearing the piano hitting a great note and figguring out how to answer that note, or what ever. That is what the intellectual brain is VERY GOOD FOR! A skilled musician must be firing hard on all these diverse cylinders... at the same time.

Mind, Body, and Soul are all critical parts of playing any instrument with any skill. That is what I was trying to refer to when I spoke of the brain being a bully. Some times, for some tasks, for some people, hemp can offer some help.

# 11
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/18/2021 12:13 am

Faith... I want to get some of that pot that Carl used!! I guess I probably would need Carl's brain to acheive the same result..... But Damn!!! Sounds amazing!

I have the same sorts of experiences that Carl had most of the time that I use cannabis, and those insights almost always hold true "the morning after." In fact, I regularly incorporate them into my non-musical work -- which often includes working with straight-laced corporate types. Imagine what they'd think if they knew they were hiring me to pass along insights derived from "the devil's weed"... It's my little secret pleasure.

# 12
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
01/18/2021 4:02 am

gold out of weed so to speak...just what is it that you do or the leagal tender?!

# 13
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/18/2021 10:04 pm

gold out of weed so to speak...just what is it that you do or the leagal tender?!

Working on getting back to songwriting full time, but for now, I'm a legislative strategy consultant.

# 14
dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
01/19/2021 3:14 am

I guess I should have specified "Intellecutal" brain, because you are right about emotion and soul comming, (at least in differing parts) from the anotomical brain. I was talking about the kind of "stuck in your head" thinking that leads to people playing in their heads. It gets in the way of attaining the things that music thrives on. That anoying voice whispering "I am not getting as far as I thought I should when I started GT a few months ago" Or " Oh shit here comes my solo" or any of the multitude of distractions that the Intellectual Brain likes to throw in your path. It is the "Im not good enough" chorus.....All that bull shit that get in our way. There is little room for soul or intuition when you are locked in that head set. That is what I was trying to get at and sometimes pot helps me let go of that crap.

However I do believe that Muscle Memory does not reside in the brain, but rather in the spine and in the muscles themselves. That is what all atheletes work on, and playing guitar is very much an atheletic pursuit. The brain says "play a G chord... but to do that, your spine and your muscles have learned how to side step the brain in your head.

If the impulses required to play a hot riff, or make a great jump shot, or to ski tight trees ... all had to go though your brain, you could not do the skilled physical things that you aspire to. Muscle memory an interplay between the muscle fibers and the nervous system. My understanding is that your muscles and the spine do all that stuff by learning repeatable, inervation, and micro-muscular patterns. This greatly reduces the distance that all those impulse patterns have to travel, thus greatly increasing the speed at which you can physically preform. All done without anything above the spine.

This also allows your brain to do what it does best. LIKE... anticipation and timing, or hearing the piano hitting a great note and figguring out how to answer that note, or what ever. That is what the intellectual brain is VERY GOOD FOR! A skilled musician must be firing hard on all these diverse cylinders... at the same time.

Mind, Body, and Soul are all critical parts of playing any instrument with any skill. That is what I was trying to refer to when I spoke of the brain being a bully. Some times, for some tasks, for some people, hemp can offer some help.

One word: Cerebellum!!

# 15
JoanneFraser
JoanneFraser
01/27/2021 12:07 pm

I was curious and tried experimenting in the past by getting high and then record some tunes that came from my guitar and the results were… not the best. On the other hand, listening to some other music while under the influence usually filled my head with some pretty interesting ideas, so it can definitely be used as a source of inspiration.Was kind of interesting to note that bulk kratom had an almost identical effect except it usually didn’t last as long.

# 16
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
01/27/2021 1:16 pm

Are the above positive effects solely attibutable to cannabis or do they/can they also result from from other intoxicating substances, e.g., alchohol, LSD, or other less 'acceptable' drugs?

Can one shop around for the cheapest/most legal/perceived best boost from a selection of substances?

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 17
Johnny_stans_Loona
Johnny_stans_Loona
01/31/2021 6:27 pm

Hope this helps:

https://youtu.be/xFjDtz8km0Q

# 18
innocci
innocci
03/29/2023 8:22 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: catblk

considering how much i hear the recommendation to relax and try to remove all tension from your body while playing/practicing, what are your opinions on getting high before a practice session? is it detrimental to your concentration and or coordination? or does it have the opposite effect of sharper concentration and ease of hand and finger movement? i realize not everyone would have the same experience but im interested in your individual opinions. i havent smoked in a very very long time but i live in a legal state and im considering giving it a go.

your thoughts...

Relaxation comes with ability. The more you practice, and improve, the more relaxed you become. It is almost impossible to be in a physically relaxed state, when the brain is highly involved in what it is you are doing, the human body isn't designed to work that way. So I think smoking weed, wouldn't take away the mental challenges of what you're doing, so the physical relaxation probably wouldn't improve much. You live in a state where it's legal, so give it a shot. Also think of your well being, if you find that weed helps to relax when you're practicing, you may decide to do it every time you practice, which could cause you to become a pot head, so be careful.

P.S. it would take longer to save up for your next guitar, since weed is so expensive these days.

edited
# 39
mopscrops76
mopscrops76
03/30/2023 12:20 pm

I do not advocate anyone using drugs, and I do not want to make waves here, but at least one of these posts was kind of like listening to the war on drugs speeches of the seventies to me.

pikashow

tplink login

edited
# 40

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.