View post (weed)

View thread

dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
01/17/2021 8:54 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

Hope... I want to get some of that pot that Carl used!! I guess I probably would need Carl's brain to acheive the same result..... But Damn!!! Sounds amazing!

One of the thing that I pay attention to is the seperation of our brains from our bodies. When it come to music, this seperation is very limiting. The brain is so enamored with it self that it frequently looses conection with the rest of who we are. We over look our intuition, we just assume that we control our lives and our bodies and overlook many miraculous ablities.

Muscle memory is taken for granted, and this is the place where the musician pays the price for this cerebral delusion about how powerful the brain is. The brain will insist "look how powerful I am" and completly dismiss the fact that the brain is not where music get made. Muscle Memory is the real power house of musical proficency. Muscle Memory is how we master the physicality of musicianship.

One of the thing that I like about pot is that it stops the brains insistance that I bow down to it's overwhelming superiority. "I am the All mighty and powerful wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to that man (ie muscle memory, emotion, and intuition) behind the curtian" the brain shouts. Pot shuts that crock of bull right down.

I am not saying that the brain is not critical to success in music. IT IS! It is just not the be all end all, do all, answer that it likes to claim. Pot has helped me with this, brain centric focus delema. Music is made by people who are strongly in touch with the real powerhouse of musical success... which is a fully aware (mind, body, soul) musician. Pot helped me see beyond the limited reach of this intellectual bullying.

Not to say this will work for everyody, it won't! Just like my brain didn't get the same effect as Carl Sagen, everybody is unique.

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!

I think I know what you're saying, but for the record, muscle memory (and emotion and intuition) are not in the muscles (or anywhere else), they too are in the brain.