View post (weed)

View thread

innocci
innocci
03/29/2023 8:22 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: catblk

considering how much i hear the recommendation to relax and try to remove all tension from your body while playing/practicing, what are your opinions on getting high before a practice session? is it detrimental to your concentration and or coordination? or does it have the opposite effect of sharper concentration and ease of hand and finger movement? i realize not everyone would have the same experience but im interested in your individual opinions. i havent smoked in a very very long time but i live in a legal state and im considering giving it a go.

your thoughts...

Relaxation comes with ability. The more you practice, and improve, the more relaxed you become. It is almost impossible to be in a physically relaxed state, when the brain is highly involved in what it is you are doing, the human body isn't designed to work that way. So I think smoking weed, wouldn't take away the mental challenges of what you're doing, so the physical relaxation probably wouldn't improve much. You live in a state where it's legal, so give it a shot. Also think of your well being, if you find that weed helps to relax when you're practicing, you may decide to do it every time you practice, which could cause you to become a pot head, so be careful.

P.S. it would take longer to save up for your next guitar, since weed is so expensive these days.

edited