Mid Life Crisis

Med8
Med8
02/27/2018 8:30 am

Turning 36 this year, I've always wanted to play. So I bought a beat up six string in a second hand store. Signed up for Guitar Tricks and started going through the beginner lesssons. Struggling through basic cord changes, my fingers on fire. I lost my one pick that came with the guitar. I drove to my local Guitar Center a few cities over, had my Fender acostic restrung and cleaned. I saw this one guitar, from across the room. The finish was completely screaming my name. Twenty minutes later, I left with brand new strings, a clean used guitar, a bag full of picks and the one on the wall.

Fender Soronan (Secondhand Store)

Luna Gype Spalt GC (Guitar Center)

# 1
maggior
maggior
02/27/2018 3:58 pm
Originally Posted by: rockhardxl

Turning 36 this year, I've always wanted to play. So I bought a beat up six string in a second hand store. Signed up for Guitar Tricks and started going through the beginner lesssons. Struggling through basic cord changes, my fingers on fire. I lost my one pick that came with the guitar. I drove to my local Guitar Center a few cities over, had my Fender acostic restrung and cleaned. I saw this one guitar, from across the room. The finish was completely screaming my name. Twenty minutes later, I left with brand new strings, a clean used guitar, a bag full of picks and the one on the wall.

Fender Soronan (Secondhand Store)

Luna Gype Spalt GC (Guitar Center)

All set to become the next Jukebox Hero :). Not sure if that reference was intentional.

Pretty cool story...it's as though it was meant to be. Interesting bit of serendipity there.

Enjoy your new guitar!!

# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/27/2018 3:59 pm

Hey & welcome to GT!

Originally Posted by: rockhardxl

Struggling through basic cord changes, my fingers on fire. I lost my one pick that came with the guitar. I drove to my local Guitar Center ...

[p]Great story! :) Thanks for posting it. Best of success with your guitar learning!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
jeffkrugermobile
jeffkrugermobile
02/27/2018 7:39 pm

What a cool story! Congratulations on the new guitar.

I'm just getting back into playing guitar after a long absence. I'm finding guitartricks absolutely perfect for getting going again. The format is perfect for me and the instructors are awesome.

Just a while ago I banged out a few riffs from Smoke on the Water and swear when I walked past a mirror it was my teenage self I saw again.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.