Lifetime Subscription?....

dtagle
Full Access
dtagle
Full Access
04/17/2017 11:37 pm

Lots of guitar learning sites are starting to offer "Lifetime Access" to their products.

Nate Savage's Guitarlessons.com recently offered it, and this Easter Sale, Truefire.com is offering a Lifetime Offer as well.

I believe It is something a lot of us would be interested in Guitartricks doing this, including myself.

Will GuitarTricks ever offer something like this?.....

# 1
Marc2017
Full Access
Marc2017
Full Access
04/18/2017 12:35 pm
Originally Posted by: dtagle

Lots of guitar learning sites are starting to offer "Lifetime Access" to their products.

Nate Savage's Guitarlessons.com recently offered it, and this Easter Sale, Truefire.com is offering a Lifetime Offer as well.

I believe It is something a lot of us would be interested in Guitartricks doing this, including myself.

I hope they never offer anything like that. "Lifetime" memberships obviously precede a permanent and dwindling drop in revenue for a company. Gyms sell lifetime memberships in the days before they bankrupt. It's an ominous sign. I used PlaygroundSessions for piano until they offered me a permanent. I cancelled my membership that day. GuitarTricks publishes new material pretty much on a weekly basis. They can't do that if instructors aren't paid. At the current price the membership here is a steal IMO. I'd keep my membership if they doubled the price. And BTW, I've looked at those other sites - I don't think they're nearly as good as GT.

-=M

# 2
Papa Rich
Papa Rich
04/18/2017 4:12 pm

I also thought it would be a good idea until I read Mark above. I agree. Never thought of the possible consequences in lowering revenues for websites by using lifetime membership. If a great percentage of users paid for lifetime membership, what would be the incentive for GT to keep improving and add new content?

# 3
dtagle
Full Access
dtagle
Full Access
04/18/2017 8:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Marc2017
Originally Posted by: dtagle

I hope they never offer anything like that. "Lifetime" memberships obviously precede a permanent and dwindling drop in revenue for a company. Gyms sell lifetime memberships in the days before they bankrupt. It's an ominous sign. I used PlaygroundSessions for piano until they offered me a permanent. I cancelled my membership that day. GuitarTricks publishes new material pretty much on a weekly basis. They can't do that if instructors aren't paid. At the current price the membership here is a steal IMO. I'd keep my membership if they doubled the price. And BTW, I've looked at those other sites - I don't think they're nearly as good as GT.

-=M

That's an interesting way of looking at it. But it could work the other way too as a LIMITED TIME "once in a blue moon" offer to grab some "hidden" revenue--which is what both sites I mentioned offered (first time for both btw).

Anecdotally, I had a 24Hr Fitness Lifetime Membership at a great price, and they're doing fine. They're in no way giving up the ghost.

Plus, the two websites I mentioned are doing just fine. Nate Savage has 5x more subscribers than Guitarticks on Youtube and it's a new/revamped site that's constantly adding material, and Truefire has been around for over 16 years and is a consistently well established favorite on guitar chat boards by experienced/gigging musicians and has over 4x more subs that GT on YT as well (not to mention they opened up a new recording studio and are constantly adding new content on a monthly basis and have famous artists making vids for them like Steve Vai, Andy Timmons, Robben Ford to name a few).......So I assume they're very healthy. They also both do free online vids with chat on a weekly/monthly basis to current and ex-subscribers which is another sign of growth. New content after new content and huge social media presence does not portend of trouble.

I think a limited-time Lifetime offer from "financially strong" sites is an incentive for many people. Principally because many don't have the time in some months to do lessons and that money goes to waste for them and could ultimately lead to a cancelled membership. While a more expensive a limited-time Lifetime Membership offer could incentivize hidden revenue from certain customers at the outset as that certain customer feels they maybe got a better "deal" since those wasted months can be made up later on when the customer has more time. A parent with babies is the perfect example of someone this would cater to (i.e. no time at beginning but later on as the children grow, etc).

# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/18/2017 10:56 pm

We try our best in providing new lessons as soon as they are available, and we work with a team of amazingly talented guitarists to bring them to you. We're able to do this thanks to our current offerings. Choosing to go for a monthly or an annual plan gives our amazing players two great options for learning guitar.

We're always thinking of new ways of giving more to you guys and trying our best in making Guitar Tricks the best place to learn and play guitar.

We definitely appreciate the feedback.

Happy guitar playing!

- Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 5
dtagle
Full Access
dtagle
Full Access
04/19/2017 12:59 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

We try our best in providing new lessons as soon as they are available, and we work with a team of amazingly talented guitarists to bring them to you. We're able to do this thanks to our current offerings. Choosing to go for a monthly or an annual plan gives our amazing players two great options for learning guitar.

We're always thinking of new ways of giving more to you guys and trying our best in making Guitar Tricks the best place to learn and play guitar.

We definitely appreciate the feedback.

Happy guitar playing!

- Billy

Billy,

Has your company considered maybe doing a weekly/monthly one hour long stream with chat so students/ex-students can drill away at a certain topic.

Jamplay, Trufire, Guitarlessons are doing such regular free streams and they're incredibly helpful in askingnagging questions on that topic in a "Live" setting. The other sites offer teh Chat function, for instance, to current students but everyone is able to look at the video via Youtube stream or some other stream site.

This would be a really great feature to add for existing customers. Thanks in advance!....

# 6
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/19/2017 5:56 pm

dtagle,

I see that you posted a larger thread, so I've put my reply there: https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/thread.php?f=10&t=46700

Cheers~

- Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 7
nsr46
nsr46
05/09/2020 1:20 pm

I had an annual subscription but did not renew since used it only occationally. I am open to a Lifetime subscription at a reasonable price, as this would give me the oppurtunity to practice when time permits.

Perhaps GT can model after Rosetta Stone with limited promotion?

# 8
BK..
BK..
05/11/2020 7:33 am

I believe that a limited time lifetime membership would work.

I also think that guitar tricks with their Yrly specials is a great way to go.

Unfortunately like many of us stuck at home in these trying times and the appalling exchange rate with the $US, makes it impossible for many to take up any offer.

So it looks like its back to trolling for Justin Guitar or any other free vids on UtubeĆ°ÅøĀ„Āŗ

# 9
cedrics
cedrics
07/13/2020 4:11 am

One would think that with increasing membership that prices world go down, because the cost of videoing a lesson, etc, other than a server upgrade are pretty much fixed.

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.