Cubase does not have their act together

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
11/01/2014 4:19 am
This is pretty much a post to bash the company Cubase and/or Alesis because they use Cubase. I received the entire package today with the actual Alesis iO2 device (which is great and looks pretty sexy). It also includes a DVD to install Cubase LE. But they don't include the 25 digit activation code in the package! No.... they make you enter the product number and then they're supposed to provide you with the activation number on their website. But does that work? NO! Even though it says "Successfully Registered," it says there are no valid product licenses found on this eLicenser. I've also seen countless threads online of others who experienced this same exact thing.

Why the hell can't they just give you the activation code in the box? I can't even open Cubase until I get this code, and of course I can't call them until Monday.

I'm extremely pissed off.
# 1
nanselmus
nanselmus
01/09/2015 1:32 am
Same thing happened to me.
There is a message somewhere along the activation program where it says "run or open", everybody does run, but not in this case hit open and you will get the activation code and then a few more confusing steps and you're in.
I had to call and email those people a bunch of times, but its working now, just now have to find out how to use all the bells and whistles.
I feel your pain.
Just be patient or send it back.
# 2
bbzswa777
bbzswa777
01/09/2015 3:58 am
So I'm not alone! You know, it does take a while to learn everything. But it's a pretty good program once you figure out how to use it. They just didn't do a good job making it easy for people to install and learn lol.
# 3
nanselmus
nanselmus
01/09/2015 10:25 pm
Yeah. I'm glad I'm not alone either.
I had that thing packed up and ready to return, but I guess I'm kind of a person who likes puzzles, has obsessive compulsive disorder, or is a masochist.
Anyway I got the fuxing thing running and so far it's just ok.
I have a Tascam pocket 4 track and it gave me the same willies. My biggest problem with the Tascam is those fuxing sd cards just don't hold much and they're expensive. Plus it's more organic I think and not as easy to use as a direct interface.
Again, that ****e pissed me off about the 40 digit activation code. Like you said why isn't in the box or somewhere accessible like Microsoft Office.
Well hope you are recording some cool stuff.
# 4
maggior
maggior
01/09/2015 10:31 pm
It's like you have to go through a rite of passage to activate the sofware!! A few years ago I went through the same thing and eventually figured it out. In the end I decided to stick with the copy of Adobe Audtion that I have. I'm also thinking of digging into Reaper since Adobe Audition 3.0 is getting outdated and I'm not paying Adobe prices to upgrade. :).
# 5
nanselmus
nanselmus
01/10/2015 12:25 am
I like that rite of passage comment, definitely, "lets skin these dickheads and make them squirm" Well they had their giggles, now to make some music.
Good luck and God bless.
# 6
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/10/2015 12:16 pm
I have a Mac and Garageband is built in. My previous iMac from 2009 had the 09 version of GB. GB is pretty awesome and free with the Mac (so not really free...). Still, nice to have if you're a Mac person.

So, last August, my Mac is getting old and I decide that it's time to upgrade. I go purchase a Mac Mini and a Thunderbolt 27" monitor (awwwwwesome!). The new Mac has GB10 loaded.

Now, I have a number of third party virtual instruments (I have a number of EZDrummer sets) and Amp Sims (I use IK Multimedia's Stealth Pedal and Amplitube stuff).

Go to open my stuff in the new GB....Doesn't recognize my plug-ins....I look on line and lo and behold....Everyone else says the same. I can't open my stuff and work on it...WHAT!

It's not until recently that this was resolved. I'm still trying to get GB to actually recognize my specific amps etc. But at least I know it can see them and I can find where they are connected in the the GB interface.

Even when it's free, you pay a price.....oi
# 7
nanselmus
nanselmus
01/11/2015 4:35 am
Well now I know they are still in my computer. After bad mouthing yesterday, my cubase is now non functional once again.
Sorry, but this crap goes back tomorrow.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.