Marshall Solid State Amps

ricaurtegoti
ricaurtegoti
10/07/2014 5:41 pm
Hi, I was looking for some suggestions or feedbacks from people currently Marshall solid state amps. I know that nothing can beat a tube amp but this will be my first amp and donĀ“t want to spend more than $300 this time.

I like to play rock and metal mostly and my first option is the Marshall MG30CFX MG Series 30-Watt Guitar Combo Amp along with a Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus.

Some feedback and advice is welcome.
# 1
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
10/07/2014 9:41 pm
the MG Marshall amps are ok, and should suit the music you want to play, i would aslo consider looking at Laney amps, they make some nice solid state amps that sound really nice, there is also the Fender FM amps that are good for solid state.
The other option is a valve hybrid amp like the Vox valvetronics amp or an Orange micro teror, the Orange micro terror is pretty loud for its size, i have one i use in the house and sometimes run an overdrive pedal through it just to give me more control over the volume.
# 2
compart1
compart1
10/07/2014 11:14 pm
I just watched the Marshall MG30CFX MG Series 30-Watt Guitar Combo. It was impressive to me.. I am no longer happy with my Vox 30 Valvetronic.
Get you a little time at the guitar stores to try them out.
# 3
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
10/08/2014 9:17 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1I just watched the Marshall MG30CFX MG Series 30-Watt Guitar Combo. It was impressive to me.. I am no longer happy with my Vox 30 Valvetronic.
Get you a little time at the guitar stores to try them out.

What don't you like about the Vox? the other guitarist in the band i play in has one he uses as a practice amp and i've always been impressed with it for a hybrid amp
# 4
compart1
compart1
10/09/2014 1:43 pm
Basically, it's about dialing in effects. I getting better at tones, but still have to take a lot notes.. As my old bones don't like to be in one place to long I rather spend time on my lesson or practice.
Thanks for asking.. Not something I can live with.. Probably "the grass is always greener" syndrome..
# 5
maggior
maggior
10/09/2014 2:06 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1Basically, it's about dialing in effects. I getting better at tones, but still have to take a lot notes.. As my old bones don't like to be in one place to long I rather spend time on my lesson or practice.
Thanks for asking.. Not something I can live with.. Probably "the grass is always greener" syndrome..

Yeah, that syndrome is real! I was really unhappy with my amp because it sounded sterile to me. I brought it to the rehearsal studio a couple of times and figured how to get it to sing! The space you play it in makes a big difference.

Dialing in effects and tone is a skill you have to develop, just like learning chords and scales. I do the same thing...I take notes on settings that work well in certain situations. As I play more and more, I'm finding I don't need my notes that much.

My favorite effect at the moment is the tubescreamer. It's a great way of getting some dirt and sustain in your tone and still have some bite. Now I know why SRV loved his tubescreamer so much!!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.