View post (Marshall Solid State Amps)

View thread

maggior
maggior
10/09/2014 2:06 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1Basically, it's about dialing in effects. I getting better at tones, but still have to take a lot notes.. As my old bones don't like to be in one place to long I rather spend time on my lesson or practice.
Thanks for asking.. Not something I can live with.. Probably "the grass is always greener" syndrome..

Yeah, that syndrome is real! I was really unhappy with my amp because it sounded sterile to me. I brought it to the rehearsal studio a couple of times and figured how to get it to sing! The space you play it in makes a big difference.

Dialing in effects and tone is a skill you have to develop, just like learning chords and scales. I do the same thing...I take notes on settings that work well in certain situations. As I play more and more, I'm finding I don't need my notes that much.

My favorite effect at the moment is the tubescreamer. It's a great way of getting some dirt and sustain in your tone and still have some bite. Now I know why SRV loved his tubescreamer so much!!