Thrill speed

caponi14
caponi14
03/01/2014 8:32 am
:confused:

Do any of you got any great exercise for picking up on thrill speed. You know where you just hammer on and pull off with all the possible combination of your fingers...

I can't seem to get it up to speed. I have tried alot of things now :confused:
# 1
eskimo2
Tennessee Whisky
eskimo2
Tennessee Whisky
03/02/2014 1:03 am
Practice,practice,practice,this can be an answer to many questions of a musical nature I find..
Do not give up,practice methodical finger warmups,spyder exercises,commit to commitment.
You will be fine,Me,I am an old bloke but have made steady progress thru systematic practice...
# 2
bbzswa777
bbzswa777
03/09/2014 3:37 am
It's actually called "trill," not "thrill." But what I do is pick one finger, and just trill on and off with that finger only, as fast as I can for 20 seconds. Then go to the next finger and do the same thing. You can think of as many combinations as you want but just stick to one finger at a time for 20 seconds each. Then repeat as many times as you can (your fingers will hate you).

Obviously, you want to eventually be able to do different combinations with more than just one finger at a time, but to do that fast you have to be able to have each of your fingers be fast (even your pinky).

Try this exercise everyday either in the beginning of your practice session or at the end for a few weeks and then check your progress. But it could take months or even years to get as fast as the greats!

*Oh, and one more thing, I've almost injured myself doing this exercise (sounds lame, I know. But this muscle or tendon in my arm was hurting for days). So I suggest stretching in between. Pull your palm away from your forearm to stretch the underside of your forearm.

~Rusty
# 3

03/16/2014 1:02 pm
BB,is right on track,iam gonna add something to it.start on the G string,5th fret.now hammer and pul off as fast as you can,starting with ur index finger,20 sec,then with no rest do the same middle finger,then ring,and pinky.ok now here is were the fun begins,repeat the process but now this time when ur hammering with ur index after 20 sec,u leave ur index down on the not,now u are fretting the first note,with ur index,and hammering with ur middle finger,now leave ur middle finger down,and hammer with ring finger,then leave ring finger down and hammer with pinky,.take this one slow ,and build speed.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.