View post (Thrill speed)

View thread

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
03/09/2014 3:37 am
It's actually called "trill," not "thrill." But what I do is pick one finger, and just trill on and off with that finger only, as fast as I can for 20 seconds. Then go to the next finger and do the same thing. You can think of as many combinations as you want but just stick to one finger at a time for 20 seconds each. Then repeat as many times as you can (your fingers will hate you).

Obviously, you want to eventually be able to do different combinations with more than just one finger at a time, but to do that fast you have to be able to have each of your fingers be fast (even your pinky).

Try this exercise everyday either in the beginning of your practice session or at the end for a few weeks and then check your progress. But it could take months or even years to get as fast as the greats!

*Oh, and one more thing, I've almost injured myself doing this exercise (sounds lame, I know. But this muscle or tendon in my arm was hurting for days). So I suggest stretching in between. Pull your palm away from your forearm to stretch the underside of your forearm.

~Rusty