Tab not matching video

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
02/01/2014 7:13 am
Has anyone else noticed that some of the tabs are different than what's taught in the video? Take "Wild Thing" for instance. The tab makes it seem a lot more difficult than it is. It has some XXXX's in there for frethand mutes, and even tells you to play the strings open in between the chords, but the video doesn't teach that.
# 1
Henrik Linde
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Henrik Linde
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/01/2014 5:49 pm
The wild thing tab is actually correct. If you listen to what is being played after he shows the basic rhythm of the right hand, you'll notice that the tab is correct. But keep in mind that the feel has a bit of a swing to it and the rhythm figures you're talking about are 16th notes so they go by very very fast. Also, when it comes to this type of song it's really all about nailing the feel of the strumming. So try to pay extra attention to how it feels when he plays the song and try to get those little 16th note embellishments in there.
Make sense?

Regards,
Henrik
# 2
bbzswa777
bbzswa777
02/16/2014 8:00 am
Sorry I didn't see your response earlier. I took another look at the video, and I finally got it (it took me a little while though). Not strumming those extra 16th notes doesn't sound too different, but once I got it down, it felt more natural anyway. Rhythm isn't one of my strong suits, but that's because I hardly spend any time on it lol. I've been spending the majority of my time building up speed and sweep picking ability.

But every once in a while I try to learn a song out of my usual comfort zone. I wouldn't want to end up being an incomplete guitarist!

Thanks for the advice.

~Rusty
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.