Free lyrics

Svanholm
Svanholm
11/23/2012 8:09 pm
I am one of those who really cant write my own lyrics. I think it is verry hard to get my thought out on paper or just to come up with anything at all.

I have an idea about that in this thread people can offer their song lyrics to other GT members. It could be a song you dont want anymore or a song you have record but you maybe wana have someone else point of wiev on it?

I have a song I did, witch Im gona make music to someday. But I want to see what others make of it.

Feel free to offer your lyrics.
# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
12/01/2012 11:31 am
Originally Posted by: SvanholmI am one of those who really cant write my own lyrics. I think it is verry hard to get my thought out on paper or just to come up with anything at all.

I have an idea about that in this thread people can offer their song lyrics to other GT members. It could be a song you dont want anymore or a song you have record but you maybe wana have someone else point of wiev on it?

I have a song I did, witch Im gona make music to someday. But I want to see what others make of it.

Feel free to offer your lyrics.

Not sure people will be diggin' on that. I'd think that anything a person doesn't want to keep isn't good enough to share. That kind of thing.

I learned something with lyrics a few years ago, do be to specific. Paint an image. Don't tell too specific of a story.

Listen to the Beatles 'Yesterday'...It says nothing specific but strongly evokes an emotion.

The genius of great lyrics is not that the say exactly what is intended but that they project the overall emotion of the song. Since emotion is the overall intent of music, lyrics work on this same level.

Free yourself from specificity.

Not that this was brilliance but here's a link to some lyrics a posted on a writers site a few years ago. They are a keeper for me but a good explanation of what I mean.
# 2
eeromaatta
Full Access
eeromaatta
Full Access
12/01/2012 8:48 pm
hi Writer friend

Writing lyrics, theres books about it published, actually quite many of them, you find them available on the Net, very important thing is just like someone mentioned here, the more simple story , the better, Beatles had short stories,the lines got to "Rhyme" just like in poetry, otherwise the Major Audience dont buy it, every other line got to end up in the way, that gives the same pronounciation feeling.

I demonstrate here on my own song, with my own lyrics, just a little:

theres so many changes, that im going through
how can I reach that, if I dont have you

My lyrics has copyrights, sorry, not forward stuff, I make a living on it, yet I can help you.

you see here, the words "Through and You are Matching at the end of both lines, the Rhyme"

some rules in songwritings are necessary, if you like to please an audience worldwide, their Ears are "comfortable to hear it"

Stevie, Sweden, songwriter, on European song contests
Better strings
# 3
AniWithAnAxe
AniWithAnAxe
12/13/2012 5:59 am
I find If you hummm the chords sound, as you play them , the words seem to come from the ether or air or even , mostly within. I usually *hear* the lyrics and write them down or sing into a recorder. I have written many songs like that in less than 10 minutes. I also first have a ritual if you will.
I make sure the world around me is at peace then i get everything together in my *Space* Then I wash my hands ...always ! I light a candle or do something to help me clear my head of the days crud and then I pray and then I play !
New and quality strings in tune help alot too !!!
If you want to write together, we can do that. If your music evokes an emotion in me I can hear the words.
But no....nobody wants to give their babies away but some will co-write with you. :)
Feel free to contact me. I may not get back here till after New Years day but i'll be back if you want to try a co-write with me. I've written alot of different styles of music...whats your style(s) ?
Peace :)
"...light and shade and a certain dramatic tension..." ~ Jimmy Page
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.