View post (Free lyrics)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
12/01/2012 11:31 am
Originally Posted by: SvanholmI am one of those who really cant write my own lyrics. I think it is verry hard to get my thought out on paper or just to come up with anything at all.

I have an idea about that in this thread people can offer their song lyrics to other GT members. It could be a song you dont want anymore or a song you have record but you maybe wana have someone else point of wiev on it?

I have a song I did, witch Im gona make music to someday. But I want to see what others make of it.

Feel free to offer your lyrics.

Not sure people will be diggin' on that. I'd think that anything a person doesn't want to keep isn't good enough to share. That kind of thing.

I learned something with lyrics a few years ago, do be to specific. Paint an image. Don't tell too specific of a story.

Listen to the Beatles 'Yesterday'...It says nothing specific but strongly evokes an emotion.

The genius of great lyrics is not that the say exactly what is intended but that they project the overall emotion of the song. Since emotion is the overall intent of music, lyrics work on this same level.

Free yourself from specificity.

Not that this was brilliance but here's a link to some lyrics a posted on a writers site a few years ago. They are a keeper for me but a good explanation of what I mean.