Top Ten Posters

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
03/21/2002 6:31 pm
Originally posted by Bardsley
Hey Christoph, you want to start that up again, it could be beneficial to both of us.

LOL . . . viva la revolución!

It was oil, communists, arabs, and imperialists all rolled up into one juicy discussion. Too bad I was outnumbered though . . .

# 1
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
03/21/2002 7:59 pm
lol... but you gotta admire the communist facial hair.. Che, Stalin, Castro etc etc...:)
I was out numbered alot of the time, on other non- "america under attack" threads... but I remember our first encounter, and I still apologies for that... but you then later said the same to some one else... heheheheh.. sorry...
I'm not sure why i've got so many post though... I dont post that much... but i do regularly... with the looming threat over iraq, I think there's gonna be another "politcal cycle" in this forum... hmmmm...
I must admit, I've not learned that much from this forum... but i've grown up musically from the posts here.. the relization, that my idea of conceptail/ emotional purity is naive, and the idea that big buisness is not the enbd of it all, has be reinstated.. I've been looking into small record labels, and they're great :D... and reliezed that musicains life isn't all about creative freedom, in this poetic poverty (if such a thing ever existed)...
I stil love Sigor Ros, which out of my 6 months here, only one person like them too... Oh and christoph knew about them.. but bless, it's not ballsy enough for him.. lol :)
# 2
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
03/21/2002 9:53 pm
Ha . . . true. I never realized that! All the greatest fascists have had their quirky facial hair. Hitler, Stalin, Castro . . . What about Mao Te Tsung? (sp?) Did he have facial hair?

What do you mean you haven't learned stuff from this forum??? Bah! Look at our current discussion! (LOL)

What was Sigor Ros?? I can't remember. (either that or they weren't to memorable)

# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/21/2002 11:39 pm
Originally posted by Christoph
Hey Christoph, you want to start that up again, it could be beneficial to both of us.

LOL . . . viva la revolución!

It was oil, communists, arabs, and imperialists all rolled up into one juicy discussion. Too bad I was outnumbered though . . .

It also didn't help you any that I was (am) right.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Bardsley
Bardsley
03/22/2002 1:16 am
Yeah, well, the rest of us plebs just have to accept that we can't match up to you Rask, we just try to follow your advice so that we can lead a better life.... he he.
Mao was unfortunately without facial hair. Lenin had a pretty crazy beard though. And don't forget Attila the Hun.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 5
Metalmanbc
Metalmanbc
03/22/2002 2:43 am
Originally posted by Azrael
Originally posted by Metalmanbc
Im on my computer a lot, trying to become the best possible guitarist there is.

That works? I tried to reach that goal by practicin on my guitar... but i gotty try that computer-training. maybe it helps *LOL*

:D

I have my guitar with me while im on the computer SMART ASS! I meant i use it as a reference for learning.
# 6
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
03/22/2002 4:30 am

And don't forget Attila the Hun.

LOL . . . I don't think we could really brand him a fascist though. He was just your plain, run-of-the-mill barbarian raider.

# 7
Bardsley
Bardsley
03/22/2002 11:55 am
Ghengis Kahn?
Hey, just trying to learn my theory. So how do Barbarian leaders differ from fascists, and where does the locrian mode fit in, cause this whole guitar thing just isn't working out for me. I think I'll have to take up militant left-wing radicalism.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 8
Bardsley
Bardsley
03/22/2002 12:03 pm
By the way, I think you need to update the list, I have officially made it. Of course, I could do it myself, but I have a feeling that the abuse of power that would entail would be fairly wrong.
He he, Rask, I'm gaining (well, I'm not losing you as fast as I was before, any Red Dwarf readers will see where that comes from. "We're not actually slowing down, we're just not accelerating as fast as we were).
# 9
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
03/22/2002 8:00 pm
Ghengis Kahn?

Ghengis Kahn? Where did he come into this? I thought we were talking about Attila the Hun. (unless Attila and Ghengis are one in the same and I just don't know it)

Barbarian leaders generally just run around and randomly kill things, destroy cities, burn crops, etc. Fascists usually have a plan and a grand scheme for their mayhem and destruction.

Speaking of fascist facial hair . . . is it just a coincidence that Al Gore has grown a ratty little beard??? I think not.

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
It also didn't help you any that I was (am) right.

Bah! :D I actually don't remember you saying that much in the actual argument. You would bop in now and then with a snide comment, but that was it. (Lol . . . )

# 10
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
03/22/2002 10:10 pm
the algore comment... classic, just classic...
GROW A BEARD! (that's all that matters)... or a tash... (am i odd in reliezing the facail hair thing... cos i joked about it with my friend who is into spanish /southern american history, because he also does spanish at uni, and he laughed and said he'd never noticed that either)...
saying that tho... system of a down could be your new fascist supremos... but then again they're left wing.. and really more conserned about legalising cannabis, than with anything else.. heheheheh...
how did we get to this?

oh sigor ros, icelandic band (lead singer sings in icelandic... which is a very mellow soft spoken language... suits this kinda genre... kinda how german suits anything heavey, cos it's such a hard sounding language)... very cool... use a voilin bow on a guitar very well... I mean really really cool mellow sound.... but i've given up on convincing anyone... I mean ajetus byjrain (or how ever the hell it's spelt) was in my mind one of the best albums of the last 2 or 3 years... it's a little samey... but it works... If you wanna listen to any of thier stuff get "starflur" (sp?)... I think that's how it's spelt... i didn't relize it was actaully said in the song... it's pronouced Sta-flu... with the Rs almost silent..
anyway... I need to go and something constructive

[Edited by educatedfilm on 03-22-2002 at 04:17 PM]
# 11
Bardsley
Bardsley
03/23/2002 1:45 am
I just tried to come up with someone new in Ghengis Kahn, someone who did a bit more ruling - as far as I can remember... wait, that sounds like I was there. And i wasn't... no, no, time machines don't exist...
I hadn't heard about Al Gore; it's kinda funny if you don't win the election. A fascist who never got the chance to try it out?
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.