Guitar rig 4 and guitar tricks,Audio question

Avago Tim
Avago Tim
05/25/2011 11:16 pm
Hi All,
Can you help please? I'm running guitar rig 4 and trying to do lessons on here.

Is there any way of getting the audio from guitar tricks to stop playing on my laptop and come through my headphones? These are plugged into the usb interface for guitar rig.

Hope someones got an idea,as it's a pain having switch between laptop and headphones.

Cheers

Tim
# 1
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/26/2011 2:45 pm
You should be able to just use the headphone jack on your laptop (assuming it has one) and all audio will come out through your headphones. This doesn't work?
# 2
Avago Tim
Avago Tim
05/27/2011 12:42 am
Originally Posted by: Ben LindholmYou should be able to just use the headphone jack on your laptop (assuming it has one) and all audio will come out through your headphones. This doesn't work?

I've tried that already with no joy.

I'm thinking that some computer settings probably need resetting,but i'm not sure what.

Cheers

Tim
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/27/2011 1:25 am
I am almost sure Guitar Rig doesn't take in the audio from your computer and send it out its own headphone jack. Not totally sure, but that might be a dead end.

The first thing I would check is can you get both audio sources to play on the laptop speakers at once? Remove the headphones from the scene for a moment and just concentrate on "can I get two audio sources at once?"

It could be that your sound card is not capable of playing both audio sources through the computer headphone jack. If you are on windows, the audio settings would be in the control panel. You could check there.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
ndrewoods
ndrewoods
08/24/2011 5:04 am
Originally Posted by: Avago Tim[U]Hi All,
Can you help please? I'm running play guitar rig 4 and trying to do lessons on here.

Is there any way of getting the audio from guitar tricks to stop playing on my laptop and come through my headphones? These are plugged into the usb interface for guitar rig.

Hope someones got an idea,as it's a pain having switch between laptop and headphones.

Cheers

Tim[/U]

Have the same problem back then. Have you tried a different headphones while trying to listen to one of your guitar tricks? The port maybe damaged also. But the most common and irritating one is the death of the headphone jack.
I wish they'd had electric guitars in cotton fields back in the good old days. A whole lot of things would've been straightened out. - Jimi Hendrix
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.