Hi from Arizona

dlouiselmt
dlouiselmt
08/01/2010 11:54 pm
Just wanted to see how this all works. I just joined GT and I am very excited about improving my guitar playing skills. I have been playing for about 20+ years, but am self taught and unfortunately have been only able to get so far. I only play acoustic and I have my dads Martin guitar. I love good ol rock and roll and some folk music. I look forward to meeting some of you, and together we'll work this out.
Talk to you soon!
Donna
# 1
cheebahawk215
cheebahawk215
08/02/2010 5:34 am
Welcome to the forums Donna! This community has some excellent players in it, and the forums are chock full of informations. We are lucky to have all these resources tucked away in a laptop or computer!
# 2
steve jones uk
steve jones uk
08/02/2010 8:32 am
Originally Posted by: cheebahawk215Welcome to the forums Donna! This community has some excellent players in it, and the forums are chock full of informations. We are lucky to have all these resources tucked away in a laptop or computer!

hi all, just joined, hope to speak to everyone in the future, steve, from wales uk.
# 3
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/02/2010 12:47 pm
Welcome to GuitarTricks Donna and Steve.
Doug
# 4
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/02/2010 8:27 pm
Originally Posted by: dlouiselmtJust wanted to see how this all works. I just joined GT and I am very excited about improving my guitar playing skills. I have been playing for about 20+ years, but am self taught and unfortunately have been only able to get so far. I only play acoustic and I have my dads Martin guitar. I love good ol rock and roll and some folk music. I look forward to meeting some of you, and together we'll work this out.
Talk to you soon!
Donna

Welcome to GuitarTricks Donna and Steve!

I lived in Phoenix for a year when I went to high school - I really miss the heat sometimes here in somewhat chilly Sweden!
# 5
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
08/04/2010 8:00 am
Welcome Donna, and Steve,
To the forums, and also to the site. Plenty of ways here to improve on what you already know, and learn new tricks too.

Hey Ben,
That heat you miss is back until the weekend, and then the thunderstorms are back to cool us down. We'll be in the 90's where I am, and then the 80's over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week, and we'll catch you on the boards.
# 6
dlouiselmt
dlouiselmt
08/06/2010 12:38 am
Originally Posted by: Ben LindholmWelcome to GuitarTricks Donna and Steve!

I lived in Phoenix for a year when I went to high school - I really miss the heat sometimes here in somewhat chilly Sweden!

Hi Ben,
Just wanted to acknowledge you and let you know that my grandmother came from Uppsala, Sweden. She came over here by herself when she was very young and eventually migrated to Arizona. This was probably early 1900"s. Oops, I am showing my age. Ha!
Anyway, glad to meet you, and I'll probably talk to you again sometime.

Donna
# 7
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/09/2010 12:01 pm
Originally Posted by: sixpicker
Hey Ben,
That heat you miss is back until the weekend, and then the thunderstorms are back to cool us down. We'll be in the 90's where I am, and then the 80's over the weekend.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah 90's would be nice now as I'm close to the ocean. It's not bad here though, low 70's, so you don't sweat away...

[QUOTE=dlouiselmt]Hi Ben,
Just wanted to acknowledge you and let you know that my grandmother came from Uppsala, Sweden. She came over here by herself when she was very young and eventually migrated to Arizona. This was probably early 1900"s. Oops, I am showing my age. Ha!
Anyway, glad to meet you, and I'll probably talk to you again sometime.

Donna

That's cool! I've been to Uppsala a couple of times, and actually drove past it just a couple of days ago. It's a really nice little student town and as a matter of fact, I almost moved there to study once but ended up closer to my parents instead... Have you ever been there yourself?
# 8
dlouiselmt
dlouiselmt
08/11/2010 3:17 am
Originally Posted by: Ben LindholmYeah 90's would be nice now as I'm close to the ocean. It's not bad here though, low 70's, so you don't sweat away...

That's cool! I've been to Uppsala a couple of times, and actually drove past it just a couple of days ago. It's a really nice little student town and as a matter of fact, I almost moved there to study once but ended up closer to my parents instead... Have you ever been there yourself?

No, but I sure would like to go there sometime. I would actually like to travel around that whole country. I have a friend who went to Denmark and she said it was really nice. Were you born in Sweden? Also, I read one of your other posts and it said you like a lot of the same music that we have here in the U.S. Is it the same except in the Swedish language?
# 9
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/11/2010 8:08 am
Originally Posted by: dlouiselmtNo, but I sure would like to go there sometime. I would actually like to travel around that whole country. I have a friend who went to Denmark and she said it was really nice. Were you born in Sweden? Also, I read one of your other posts and it said you like a lot of the same music that we have here in the U.S. Is it the same except in the Swedish language?

Yeah you should definately come over here, Scandinavia is very nice, especially in the summertime (might rain a bit too much for your taste in the fall/winter).

Denmark is a really flat country with sandy beaches and a lot of coastline. Norway has it's beautiful mountains and fjords, and Sweden has some really nice lakes and forests.

I'm born and raised in Sweden yes. Although everyone speaks Swedish here all the time, we are heavily influenced by American culture (well, music and TV), so we get a lot of your TV shows (subtitled, nothing is dubbed), and the music most people listen to is from the US or the UK.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.