What makes you tick?

u10ajf
u10ajf
02/06/2002 4:35 pm
What makes you people tick/not tick, do you too find you need things in your life to change or your music just dries up?

This is why I'm not inspired: don't do this at home folks or your guitar playing will suck!

I study ecology at Aberdeen, I chose ecology cause whilst it is a science it's one that's so complicated that maths hasn't caught up with it yet. Unfortunately this doesn't stop it from trying which creates nasty complications for people like myself. I kinda hoped all the theories would be very subective and amenable to mindless waffle, I felt sure I'd be able to choose to something interesting (it's such a big field after all) and I'm mad keen on wildlife. I'm actually finding it irritating cause for me all the maths is like a little black box you extract pure meaning from and then analsyse really subjectively cause you don't get it!
I want a job, something hands on and useful that doesn't line some assholes' pockets with money at the expense of my admittedly receding principles. 1 week and I'll have finished my thesis then it's time for me to party, I'm sure I'll feel better then.

Asides from that I like Science fiction, particularly Ursula Le Guinn and Phillip K. Dick (Bladerunner was based on his excellent book "do androids dream of electric sheep"), collect peculiar neuroses, eat, sleep and wash occasionally. I think my kitchen is only safe cause the bacteria are too scared to go in there..

The time I wrote my best music I was very stressed out, being lied to by tons of people and not understanding why and so when I discovered the harmonic minor scale it just clicked and I poured my passion into it.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 1
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/06/2002 9:09 pm
which aberdeen you from? (scotland?)...
Right... Me, well I'm on a long long long holiday type thing... I resat my exams in January cos they didn't go too well first time round...and uni's dont start till September..... So i aint got nothing to do...
I kinda planned that all this time would go towards me writting/recording an album, and doing some art work, getting a driving liscense and other stuff I would like to do... but so far I've had 3 weeks of, and I've not done much... in fact I've just sat around feeling a little down.. but that's ok, cos hopefully it'll all change when I get my self a job (maybe as soon as next monday)... which not only means that i'll mix with poeple again (i'm a very sociable person, If i dont mix with people much i tend not to like it) I'll also have some cash, which means higher quality parts for my guitar building project.. which I is a course i should have started a few weeks back, but i kinda decided against it till i get a job and some money in my hand... *salavating* oh the money!!! I could get my self a PA for uni, and several guitars, and decent fx, and and and... better stop, I've run away with my imagination...
Musically, well I'm quite picky... I like anything for any genre, as long as it conveys some feeling or is intresting to listen to, or both... My record collection spans from kenny rogers to NWA and from Underworld to sonic youth... Infact i listen to practically anything.. not much opera though... but that's only cos i haven't heard much (or know much)...
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/07/2002 2:21 am
I find lots of things inspiring:

New music, powerful emotions, jamming with people and having a good time, or sometimes just a really thoughtful day.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/08/2002 6:55 pm
Listening to Britney Spears
# 4
jack7
jack7
02/10/2002 1:24 am
Originally posted by lalimacefolle
Listening to Britney Spears
She inspires
my hormones.
Rock-n-Roll 4 Ever
:cool: Jack 7
# 5
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/10/2002 12:21 pm
am I the only who thinks she's ugly?.. well not VERY ugly, but not that nice...
# 6
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/10/2002 12:34 pm
Well, she's made to be hot according to music videos standards. But I wouldn't want her to be my kid's mother.
Same thing with Jennifer LOPEZ, she's voted hottest chick ever, but I don't get why... I think Sheryl CROW, for example, is way more sexy than her, or Alanis MORISSETTE, who isn't hot in the video standards, but who has awesome charisma...
# 7
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2002 3:25 pm
I don't find them that attractive either. I'd rather see a cute little brunette or red head any day.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/10/2002 5:24 pm
just like what's here name .. Alice Cooper, that's the one... :)
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2002 6:16 pm
Originally posted by educatedfilm
just like what's here name .. Alice Cooper, that's the one... :)

Sheesh, a guy puts on a little make up...
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
jack7
jack7
02/11/2002 12:10 am
here kitty kitty!:cool:
Rock-n-Roll 4 Ever
:cool: Jack 7
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.