View post (What makes you tick?)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
02/06/2002 4:35 pm
What makes you people tick/not tick, do you too find you need things in your life to change or your music just dries up?

This is why I'm not inspired: don't do this at home folks or your guitar playing will suck!

I study ecology at Aberdeen, I chose ecology cause whilst it is a science it's one that's so complicated that maths hasn't caught up with it yet. Unfortunately this doesn't stop it from trying which creates nasty complications for people like myself. I kinda hoped all the theories would be very subective and amenable to mindless waffle, I felt sure I'd be able to choose to something interesting (it's such a big field after all) and I'm mad keen on wildlife. I'm actually finding it irritating cause for me all the maths is like a little black box you extract pure meaning from and then analsyse really subjectively cause you don't get it!
I want a job, something hands on and useful that doesn't line some assholes' pockets with money at the expense of my admittedly receding principles. 1 week and I'll have finished my thesis then it's time for me to party, I'm sure I'll feel better then.

Asides from that I like Science fiction, particularly Ursula Le Guinn and Phillip K. Dick (Bladerunner was based on his excellent book "do androids dream of electric sheep"), collect peculiar neuroses, eat, sleep and wash occasionally. I think my kitchen is only safe cause the bacteria are too scared to go in there..

The time I wrote my best music I was very stressed out, being lied to by tons of people and not understanding why and so when I discovered the harmonic minor scale it just clicked and I poured my passion into it.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?