girl guitar player

guitar_babe
guitar_babe
01/14/2002 5:24 pm
Well, i am a girl, and i play very good! I know a few songs but i taught myself everything. I think breasts get in the way if there too big, and i think that girls can play guitar as good as boys

Nikki Byers :)-
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/14/2002 11:51 pm
Originally posted by Christoph
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
I'm starting to wonder if this is going to turn into the Guitar Tricks equivalant of the 45 page (and still growing) thread devoted entirely to ass pictures on another message board I frequent.

Oh yeah? Which message board would that be?

Clutch's message board.

It's funny because the band seems (for the most part) to be pretty clean cut, while their fan base is (for the most part) a bunch of alcoholic, bisexual, midget obsessed freaks.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
01/15/2002 2:56 am

Originally posted by Lordathestrings
When you get to be my age, its kind of a lost cause, ya know?

LOL.

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Clutch's message board.

Clutch? What's dat?
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/15/2002 3:18 am
Originally posted by Christoph
Clutch? What's dat?

Hmmm....
How does one describe Clutch...
Somewhere between an alien abduction obsessed redneck version of Zeppelin and a funkified Black Sabbath. We're talking yarns describing redneck shoguns, yetis, beautiful female terrorists, conspiracies, paranoia, dragonflies, all that is rock, religeous debates, alien invasions, finding the body of John Wilkes Booth, holiday meals and activities, and much much more all set to some serious riffage.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Tommy9
Tommy9
01/15/2002 12:35 pm
Isn't the Great Kat a chick guitarist?
Live Life, Die Never, Rock Long, and Forever.
# 5
Awok'th'egalee
Awok'th'egalee
01/16/2002 6:29 pm
I had a student for two years. Her name was Amanda. I taught her theory and She is an amazing guitarist.I taught her 3 different tunings and She learned them. I'm not an Yngwie fan, But I taught her some stuff. I taught her to play "The star spangled banner" in D and A and She LEARNED them and can now play everything she knows in any key, any tuning. She practises VERY hrd and I'm very proud of her. By the way, Amanda is 16.

Girls can play just as well if not better than guys.
Awok
Awok
# 6
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
01/17/2002 12:19 am
Well, I see that we have once again regressed to the obscene . . . :eek: (not that I'm completely blameless.....lol)

Anyway, Pony, I think you're right. Certain people have certain talents, and there's no use trying to make distinctions along unrelated lines (i.e. gender, race, etc).

Society is what makes us what we are. Aside from maybe big breasts getting in the way (lol), there's nothing that physically prevents females from being just as good of guitarists as males. Going back to what I was saying before, it's just a cultural/societal thing that tells women that they need to have nice hands and inhibits them from practicing and maybe becoming as good.

# 7
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
01/17/2002 8:41 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne

I'll probably get kicked off the board for saying this

Dont worry, i just edited the ***** word out
:)
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 8
nechako
nechako
01/17/2002 9:34 pm
What Pony said really hit the spot for me. I was just getting really irritated with all the so an so can play this or that and they are only 2 years old, in any key timing instrument, backwards forwards etc. The whole thing about people and ibanez's trying to be the next "shock" by imitating the same lame. I go through this in my life; someone says "you should see "bill" he can play excellent by ear Alice in Chains and everything!!!". Then I meet the guy he's an addict that poorly plays the same song over an over out of tune, and is completely musically illiterate has bad timing and slopy ear, but he has the drug dealer 80's audacity, bad hair look with tight pants and ear ring to convince a few inbred people that he is a god. This used to get right under my skin, now when someone starts to go on an on about someone I ignore them, proof is in the pudding-let them step up and play, leave the talk-just be honest and play where yer at. Male or female stop competting and play your part honestly. (hockey players trying to be musicians-arrrrg!)
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.