Is it just me or is GT becoming a ghost site?

Superhuman
Superhuman
10/30/2008 11:15 pm
I've noticed that a lot of the regular posters that stayed after the first bunch left have stopped posting... getting real quiet around here... not an awfull lot going on to keep the good/experienced players interested... like the listening forum - you should have to comment on at least 3 other posts before being allowed to post anything, otherwise your post gets deleted. It's just full of once off posts and no feedback - big difference from before where everyone was interested and wanted to hear other members and there were up to 10 threads daily.
This is one of the main things causing the reduction in participation IMO... been here for over 1200 posts myself but I'm starting to get disillusioned now too... Anyone else notice this too or is it just me? Hardly any of the old instructors or mods post at all anymore and the really talented players seem to have gone too - did I miss something when I was away?
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/30/2008 11:23 pm
There's been a change of focus away from the crazy, random stuff that used to provide some excitement around here. It did get out of hand.

For myself, I don't post nearly as much because I got tired of answering the same old questions for people who are too lazy to search. I'd be happy to add to, or clarify a resurrected thread for anyone who has a new angle on a topic.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
10/31/2008 8:49 am
Yeh.. probably just a phase I think... there's always a bit of that in anything.. mid-year's are always slow. When winter hits and no one wants to go outside anymore, things will pick up again. :)
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/31/2008 8:57 am
Well those of us that are here everyday could do a little for the forum and while it may not encourage posting so much it will help give us something to do that would really help new people to the forum.

We could make good stickies that link to the good informative threads in each section.

You know, the best theory threads, the best tech threads, etc. Then like Lats said it may encourage discussion on those particular topics and it won't turn us all off so much to answer the same question every three days.

It would take a little searching each day but in the end it may very well be worth it.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Superhuman
Superhuman
10/31/2008 2:05 pm
Stickies would be good allright - even a sticky thread with links to other stickies would work (just to keep the numbers of permanent posts down to allow for more visible active threads). Also, trying to post everyday at least once would get people more active, that and having a rule that in order to post in the Listening Forum you have to offer genuine comments to at least three other posts. There are too many once offs there and people don't bother posting again after spending a long time working on something that nobody listens to - it would make a big difference to the feel of that section of the site. Just a few ideas...
# 5
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
11/01/2008 9:35 am
The active instructors are still here, but most of us have alot of reshooting to do. We can't be on the forum as much as we used to, but we still get on here when we can.

I could spend a whole day on the forum, but I'm trying to get these new HD vids done as fast as I can.

We appreciate you sticking around, and letting us know that you care about the forum. I've been posting alot more this year, and trying to be more active on the forum. Reshooting is taking alot of the time, I used to spend on here, but we're still around.

JD
# 6
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
11/01/2008 3:58 pm
Hey I'm a new face around here... Watch what you ask for, I can be a real forum whore. :D

Having said that, i do try to search and find answers first.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.