tell me what you think
they call us the dead generation
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/11/2008 2:00 am
Well, I can certainly agree that he was a great guitarist. He really did change music. As far as a tattoo goes, my advice has always been to think long and hard about it and then think some more. If you do get one, make sure it's something you won't mind showing your grandchildren some day! :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/11/2008 4:57 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Well, I can certainly agree that he was a great guitarist. He really did change music. As far as a tattoo goes, my advice has always been to think long and hard about it and then think some more. If you do get one, make sure it's something you won't mind showing your grandchildren some day! :)
I agree with Hunter, Be sure because it's for life.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
oib111
oib111
01/12/2008 7:00 am
Or you could have lots of money and get it laserlically removed(lol is that a word)?
# 4
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/12/2008 1:15 pm
Originally Posted by: oib111Or you could have lots of money and get it laserlically removed(lol is that a word)?

Well, I don't know if 'laserlically' is an actual word but it should be! :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 5
hunter1801
hunter1801
01/13/2008 5:59 am
I personally won't ever get a tattoo, only because I'm afraid I won't like it in the far future. Tastes always change, and what you think is cool now, might not be so cool later. Over the last 5 years, my music interests have changed dramatically. If I got a tattoo of what inspired me back then, I would be regretting it right now because now I have new inspirations that I hold higher at the moment.

Long story short, you better make sure you'll like it FOREVER. Even if you can remove it, better to use the mentality that it will be permanent.
# 6
Drew77
Drew77
01/13/2008 7:11 pm
I'm only for tattoos when they are original and cool. As long as your Hendrix tattoo is original and cool then you should do it.
# 7
strat-man
strat-man
01/13/2008 7:42 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Well, I can certainly agree that he was a great guitarist. He really did change music. As far as a tattoo goes, my advice has always been to think long and hard about it and then think some more. If you do get one, make sure it's something you won't mind showing your grandchildren some day! :)

Take notice of what this ^^^^ guy is sayin, he's talkin sense.

I'm a big Hendrix fan but would i get a tattoo about/of him, hell no!

Am i against tattoo's? hell no! i have one, my daughters name, somethin i'll never regret, always wanted a tattoo and it took me a long long time to decide on one, lots of ideas came and as i got older i'm glad they went caus many of them would be regrets now, like hunter said, be sure it's somethin you won't mind showing your grandchildren someday
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 8
Silimtao
Silimtao
02/10/2008 4:54 pm
Originally Posted by: matt743he is an awesome guitarist
one of my favorites
im gonna get a memorial tatoo of him tell me what you think

Have you ever been "tatted" before? You intend to get a simple "JH", or a big one like JH's face with his wild 'fro? As the others have said, you should think long and hard about this.

I have a tat in a very inconspicuous place- inside of left wrist. Most people don't even know I have a tat. Some other things to consider that haven't been mentioned:

Check out that tattoo parlor- check with consumer affairs and the local Health Department to see if there have been complaints against them.

Check out the colors you want- some colors use heavy metals; I personally wouldn't want heavy metals etched into my skin. My tat is black made from burned ash of some kind- the safest type after researching tatting.

You have a significant other that might object to it? THAT MIGHT BE THE BIGGEST CONSIDERATION, LOL. You may never hear the end of it!

You work in a professional environment where the "suits" might think it unprofessional to have one? That's another consideration. If you're young and still in school, I'd suggest you think long and hard about this. This could affect your career big-time.

Are the tat parlors regulated where you live? Make sure the place use disposable needles, and the artists wear gloves. And make sure the tools are autoclaved (heat disninfection). Otherwise, your open to getting hepetitis- or WORSE. JMHO.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 9
Glimmer Twin
Glimmer Twin
02/14/2008 5:05 am
I'm with Drew77 ! I have a rolling stones tongue on my left wrist. Even though some people thought it was a crazy place to get it, cuz it's pretty much impossible to hide, I absolutely love it, and wouldn't trade it for the world ! It's classy, and suits me .. besides, it looks damn righteous when I'm playing guitar !

Glimmer Twin
# 10
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/14/2008 5:37 am
I have this new silver ring that my Mum gave me last week. I've never worn a ring before.. and at first it looked very strange.. it still looks a little odd as I sit here typing this but while I play guitar I get, at least I assume, the same feeling as Glimmer Twin gets with his tatt.. :)

I'd never get a tattoo though.. well I should never say never.. and it's not like I have anything against tatts.. some of them look really good on the right people.. it's just not something that is right for me in my opinion. I've thought about it many times.. but I always decide not to get one. The only one I would probably get is something like a Christian cross or something like that.. but other than that.. it doesn't really interest me.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 11
la'guit
la'guit
02/17/2008 5:53 pm
Dude, about the tatoo, when your old and sagy u'll regret it and what if it turns out he was gay or somthing (just an example). But yehh he was an awsome guitarist and a child hood god for me.
Jake, The fender king :cool:
# 12
tperin
tperin
02/28/2008 1:48 am
I have nothing against tattoos; they can look great on the right people, but they fade, they stretch, and you age. In five or ten years you may regret getting a normal tattoo - especially if its in a prominent place.

However, a few months ago, I was reading an article about tattoo removal, focusing on types of ink used. It was a discussion on a (relatively) new type of ink that can be used which supposedly can be removed with only one treatment of laser removal (as opposed to the numerous painful and expensive appointments that it takes to get a regular tattoo removed).

Pros - easily removable.

Cons - relatively new, so no information on fading
- not available everywhere
- as yet, not available in color
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.