View post (hendrix)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
02/10/2008 4:54 pm
Originally Posted by: matt743he is an awesome guitarist
one of my favorites
im gonna get a memorial tatoo of him tell me what you think

Have you ever been "tatted" before? You intend to get a simple "JH", or a big one like JH's face with his wild 'fro? As the others have said, you should think long and hard about this.

I have a tat in a very inconspicuous place- inside of left wrist. Most people don't even know I have a tat. Some other things to consider that haven't been mentioned:

Check out that tattoo parlor- check with consumer affairs and the local Health Department to see if there have been complaints against them.

Check out the colors you want- some colors use heavy metals; I personally wouldn't want heavy metals etched into my skin. My tat is black made from burned ash of some kind- the safest type after researching tatting.

You have a significant other that might object to it? THAT MIGHT BE THE BIGGEST CONSIDERATION, LOL. You may never hear the end of it!

You work in a professional environment where the "suits" might think it unprofessional to have one? That's another consideration. If you're young and still in school, I'd suggest you think long and hard about this. This could affect your career big-time.

Are the tat parlors regulated where you live? Make sure the place use disposable needles, and the artists wear gloves. And make sure the tools are autoclaved (heat disninfection). Otherwise, your open to getting hepetitis- or WORSE. JMHO.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)