Freehand

EPISODER
EPISODER
11/08/2007 3:04 pm
I was thinking about naming our band freehand, or maybe even freetime. What do you guys think? :confused:
[FONT=Fixedsys]A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free![/FONT] ;)
# 1
EPISODER
EPISODER
11/12/2007 2:28 pm
Hello?... Whoah... Echo.......
[FONT=Fixedsys]A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free![/FONT] ;)
# 2
ren
ren
11/12/2007 2:51 pm
hmmm.... I don't like the names personally, what do they say about you as a band? Why did you think of them?

That said, there are a whole bunch of band names that aren't great - if you're good, no one will laugh at your band name whatever it is....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3
Sasuke199
Sasuke199
11/13/2007 12:27 am
I don't like that name at all for a band...
# 4
hunter1801
hunter1801
11/13/2007 6:41 am
Agreed.....bad name. Makes it sound as if you use your "free hand" to do something in your "free time". It's going to open up a huge list of jokes that you don't want to be a part of :p
# 5
looneytunes
looneytunes
11/13/2007 10:43 am
Are you locked into the "Free" thing or are you open to other ideas?
If "Free" is you thing, how about "Free Will". I like it over "Free Spirit" or "Freedom". There may be bands with these names, I don't know.

If you wanted to venture away from the "Free" thing, I think there are a few things you should consider. Don't pick a name that is similar to an existing band. New listeners, radio stations, etc. may get you mixed up with another group and request or play thier songs instead of yours.

Don't pick a name that will put you in a time warp. Such as, Jefferson Airplane that later changed their name, etc.

Don't choose a name that is too provocitive. This may prevent parents from allowing there teens to purchase your songs. And usually, the parents are the ones with the money!

Choose a short, but to the point name. I wouldn't go with a name more than 2 short words. This fits on the CDs well and it is easy to remember.

And don't pick anything too creative like "Dusty Rhodes" or "Missing LynX". Although, I sort of like "Missing Lynx".

If it hasn't been used, I like "Free Will"!!
# 6
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/13/2007 1:50 pm
I think it's not bad - could be better as a song title though...
# 7
hunter1801
hunter1801
11/14/2007 12:34 am
It would be easier to make suggestions if we knew what your motivation was, or why you chose the names you did.
# 8
EPISODER
EPISODER
11/14/2007 3:46 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter1801Agreed.....bad name. Makes it sound as if you use your "free hand" to do something in your "free time". It's going to open up a huge list of jokes that you don't want to be a part of :p

Ha Ha! I get it!!! I could come back with "what, you only use one hand?!" :D

Thanks for your honesty, I will reconsider my options. Rep for Everyone!!! :)
# 9
equator
equator
11/14/2007 10:19 pm
How about some Latin?
Solvo Manus.
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 10
looneytunes
looneytunes
11/15/2007 5:06 pm
Originally Posted by: equatorHow about some Latin?
Solvo Manus.

What does human discharges have to with guitar playing?
Whatever floats your boat!

Don't use my suggestion of "Missing Lynx".
I like it so well, I'm going to use it. :D
# 11
equator
equator
11/15/2007 5:42 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunesWhat does human discharges have to with guitar playing?
Whatever floats your boat!

Don't use my suggestion of "Missing Lynx".
I like it so well, I'm going to use it. :D

Obviously you donā€™t have the faintest idea of the translation of that phrase to the English.
It has nothing to do with human discharges. It simply means ā€œFreehandā€ or it could be understood as untied or loosen.
I am a nice guy most of the time, but your posts are starting to piss me off.

I was giving a suggestion to the person who started the thread, not to you. Let him decide what is good or bad.

equator's Music Page.

# 12
looneytunes
looneytunes
11/15/2007 6:29 pm
Originally Posted by: equatorObviously you donā€™t have the faintest idea of the translation of that phrase to the English.
It has nothing to do with human discharges. It simply means ā€œFreehandā€ or it could be understood as untied or loosen.
I am a nice guy most of the time, but your posts are starting to piss me off.

I was giving a suggestion to the person who started the thread, not to you. Let him decide what is good or bad.

You need to brush up on your latin and manners. I'm sure you agree that words can have diferrent meanings. True the meaning could be to loosen or untie. However, it also means to discharge. And manus relates to human or man.

I really don't know what I could of said to upset you so, but I do know
whatever it was, doesn't warrant such a blaten attitude.

Also, I thought this was an open discussion. Oblviously you are the only one that is allowed to voice their ideas and opinions. I never suggested that anyone should do as I say or even to agree with me. I am merely, like you, offering a few suggests and they can decide for themselves.

Since, I don't like people getting mad. It's not good for the blood pressure. I would hate for you to get sick over something I said. Therefore, I apologize for whatever it was that I said.

Have a nice day! :)
# 13
equator
equator
11/15/2007 6:53 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunesYou need to brush up on your latin and manners. I'm sure you agree that words can have diferrent meanings. True the meaning could be to loosen or untie. However, it also means to discharge. And manus relates to human or man.

I really don't know what I could of said to upset you so, but I do know
whatever it was, doesn't warrant such a blaten attitude.

Also, I thought this was an open discussion. Oblviously you are the only one that is allowed to voice their ideas and opinions. I never suggested that anyone should do as I say or even to agree with me. I am merely, like you, offering a few suggests and they can decide for themselves.

Since, I don't like people getting mad. It's not good for the blood pressure. I would hate for you to get sick over something I said. Therefore, I apologize for whatever it was that I said.

Have a nice day! :)

I am not about to give a Latin lecture, but I do know that Humanus is the Latin for human; and Persolvo or Proluvier are the Latin for discharge.
The only person here who needs to brush up his Latin and manners is you.
Nobody told you that your suggestion was irrelevant or ā€œwhatever floats your boatā€ when you gave your opinion. So, please be respectful to other people. That is all I am saying.

equator's Music Page.

# 14
looneytunes
looneytunes
11/15/2007 7:45 pm
You got all bent out of shape over "Whatever floats your boat"?

I am totally lost. I don't think this is being disrespectful. In all honestly, I thought that my translation was correct and I thought you were being a little sick. You know with "doiing something with your free hand" thing. Of course, I haven't had any Latin for over forty years. Like I said I truly believed I was right. I guess I will have to ask one the professors to be certain. But I don't really think it's all that important.

I have always respected other peoples opinon. I may come across as being a little too truthful, but never disrespectful. I think you are just too sensitive, never the less, I apologize.

This old man rests!
# 15
equator
equator
11/15/2007 8:18 pm
Itā€™s ok "Looneytunes". I know the meaning of the expression.
What got me a little upset was the way you have been replaying in other posts, the words you choose when reviewing the music and the lyrics submitted by other members, etc.
I totally understand if you thought your translation was correct or if you misunderstood what I said and took it as something inappropriate or sick. It was an honest mistake, I guess.
I accept your apology and offer my apologies to you as well.

equator's Music Page.

# 16
dvenetian
dvenetian
11/15/2007 10:24 pm
Originally Posted by: equatorItā€™s ok "Looneytunes". I know the meaning of the expression.
What got me a little upset was the way you have been replaying in other posts, the words you choose when reviewing the music and the lyrics submitted by other members, etc.
I totally understand if you thought your translation was correct or if you misunderstood what I said and took it as something inappropriate or sick. It was an honest mistake, I guess.
I accept your apology and offer my apologies to you as well.

Hey Equator, certain personalities seem to pop up every few months and the cycle fades out again. Written statements are carved in stone and most can be determined correctly by the way in which words are expressed. It's difficult to claim something other than what's in Black and White. I also carry over how posts were handled toward other members. You have added so much valuable information for members seeking to understand or get an opinion for something.. and share your knowledge generously.
Occasionally something posted will erkk me, but I choose leave it alone. I don't have the time for petty things where no gain will come from it anyway.
Save your energy to explain those C#7-b9 chord progressions and you'll be happier my friend. Keep up the good work....
# 17
Sasuke199
Sasuke199
11/16/2007 1:34 am
Hey, this whole argument this is pretty annoying..
# 18
ren
ren
11/16/2007 9:54 am
The translation offered by Looney might be a good name for a metal band... :rolleyes:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 19
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
11/16/2007 2:15 pm
I life Free Hand. Free has been overdone (you know hippies), but that just related to art in all sorts of interesting connotations. Plus any name where you can pull multiple meanings out of is pretty tight. Plus its the music that counts not the band name. :)

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.