Epiphone

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
10/21/2001 7:53 pm
I'm looking for a Les Paul, and was wondering h what you people think of them. How's the sound, (i want a Rhoads sound), are they a worthy substitue for a gibson, what's there quality? I would appreciate any info, thanks!
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/21/2001 11:56 pm
Depends on the one you get. My brother's Epi is very nice, though it could use better pickups.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
yafreax
yafreax
10/22/2001 7:04 pm
Well, if you get a gibson les paul, it's a great guitar. I have a DC Standard (98 i believe) and it's great. . . very nice warm sound with Humbuckers. . . it can scream too, when needed. I've only played one epi that i've liked, it was a "higher end" les paul model (wasn't mine so i don't remember which one it was exactly). . . plus depends on your gear . . . when you're at the guitar shop try to find your amp and play a few different guitars through it, my LP will always be one of my top guitars, but i wouldn't be opposed to using the Epi i've played through the right amp. . . in fact while my baby was in the shop i had to use one for about 2 weeks. . . they can sound nice, but you'll still have to spend some good money. . .

the freak

[Edited by yafreax on 10-22-2001 at 03:06 PM]
# 3
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
10/23/2001 4:18 pm
was an epiphne, with a flame top... I fell in love with it in december, and I bought it in june, meanwhile the guitar shop guy kept it for me, and I went every other day to check out it was still there (at the time, I didn't know he was saving it for me) Looking back, I think the pickups were kind of bad, but the tone and the feel were there... For a beginner, it's cool to play some blues on a guitar that's under a 1000 bucks
# 4
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/27/2001 10:22 pm
I have a Les Paul Heritage.
Its great!
The only thing that bothers me is the weight. (It weighs well over 20 pounds)
rhoads sound also works fine, even better than some
more "metal" guitars due to the INCREDIBLE sustain.
Its the best I've ever heard.
I recommend it.
Costs around 600$.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.