Protein Shakes

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/01/2007 11:07 pm
So I got a personal trainer not too long ago, to train for this upcoming hockey season in the winter, and he advised that I get some protein powder to make myself shakes after workouts. So up until today I was drinking some EAS premade drinks which were just above tasty. :rolleyes: So those were gone by yesterday and today I was forced to make my own with the powder and whatever else I can find around. This kinda intimidated me, mainly because I've never made a shake and/or smoothie in my life. (That I can remember) So I started out with some milk as I was told, then it was all a blur from there. I went with a little chunk of banana, as banana is an essential for any shake. Then, I took it upon myself to add a spoonful of peanut butter and a nice helping of honey to give it a kick. Next was a small thing of blueberry yogurt which I completely dumped into the mixture. After that was about a handful of ice and finally about 2 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. (23g protein per scoop :cool: ) I was stunned with the result, and was pleasantly surprised to chug down a thick, but smooth, vanilla/berry flavor shake with a hint of peanut butter. It's a very hard taste to describe, but considering the last protein shake my friend made for me led to a near vomit experience, I was more than happy to guzzle down 2 full glasses of this stuff. Mmmmm... I'm craving another. :D Only joking, but anyone else a frequent protein shake drinker? Any top secret recipes I should know about?
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
08/02/2007 12:07 am
Peanut butter...its good if you can incorporate it anyway possible,simply for its protien content and thickening properties.

Follow the directions,add peanut butter(as much as seems comfortable)and low/non fat frozen yogurt.Put in the fridge or freezer for later if need be.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/02/2007 12:27 am
I don't do protein shakes per se, but I have been known to do the following in place of dinner a few times a week:

1 container of bananna and berry yogurt
1 container of strawberries
1 bananna
ice
milk

whip that bad boy up and ahoy! Very tasty and easy on the gut. I seem to gets lots of energy from them.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 3
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/02/2007 3:13 am
I think I'm just gonna stick with what I did really. Kinda seems like something I shouldn't mess with if I enjoyed it as it was. I mean... I have had some garbage quality shakes before and I do NOT wanna go down that road again. And to get about 65g of protein in my system with 2 glasses of it. :eek: Not to mention enjoy the frothy lather I guzzle down... I'd say life is good. If only the pain in my butt would go away. Hehe, now I know why people use that expression. And seriously, a pain in the butt really is quite a pain in the BUTT!
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.