View post (Protein Shakes)

View thread

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/01/2007 11:07 pm
So I got a personal trainer not too long ago, to train for this upcoming hockey season in the winter, and he advised that I get some protein powder to make myself shakes after workouts. So up until today I was drinking some EAS premade drinks which were just above tasty. :rolleyes: So those were gone by yesterday and today I was forced to make my own with the powder and whatever else I can find around. This kinda intimidated me, mainly because I've never made a shake and/or smoothie in my life. (That I can remember) So I started out with some milk as I was told, then it was all a blur from there. I went with a little chunk of banana, as banana is an essential for any shake. Then, I took it upon myself to add a spoonful of peanut butter and a nice helping of honey to give it a kick. Next was a small thing of blueberry yogurt which I completely dumped into the mixture. After that was about a handful of ice and finally about 2 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. (23g protein per scoop :cool: ) I was stunned with the result, and was pleasantly surprised to chug down a thick, but smooth, vanilla/berry flavor shake with a hint of peanut butter. It's a very hard taste to describe, but considering the last protein shake my friend made for me led to a near vomit experience, I was more than happy to guzzle down 2 full glasses of this stuff. Mmmmm... I'm craving another. :D Only joking, but anyone else a frequent protein shake drinker? Any top secret recipes I should know about?
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )