Rogers Cable and Bad Service

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/26/2007 2:33 am
Just a word of warning to avoid this place like the plague. I've probably posted rants about this place before but they've topped themselves yet again.

Previously for instance:

- took me over 6 years to get them to re-install my cable line because of a bad signal and only when I wrote to the president of the company did it finally get fixed (although even then it was another 7 months later after having a cable line hung over my front lawn all winter )
- Went through 7 cable boxes until finding one that didn't have a defect
- The internet service shuts off at least once every few days for several hours at a time.
- The cable shuts off at least once a week.

Yesterday:

- Tried to purchase a cell phone online and it wouldn't accept my account number.
I call up and they say I need to combine my all of my accounts to do it. I tell her them to go ahead. Then they accidentally cut off my internet and it takes me literally another 2 hrs, 22 minutes on hold trying to get it working again. Even then I still had to wait until the next day, and make one more phone call to get it working.

- Today I noticed half my channels had been cut off and had to call back again

- This afternoon both the internet and cable were out from 2pm until 10pm in the entire city and surrounding area.

- I just went online to purchase the phone again with my new account number, and it still won't accept it.

- tonight I get a call from Rogers asking if I'd be interested in switching to Rogers Home Phone. (my response was along the lines of "you've gotta be $#% kidding")
..just what I'd need.. a phone that goes out every few days and I can't even call up to get it fixed.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
06/26/2007 5:29 am
Perhaps satellite TV and a change in ISP is the next move? Or is there limited ISP near you?
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/26/2007 5:57 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccPerhaps satellite TV and a change in ISP is the next move? Or is there limited ISP near you?

Totally limited. Unfortunately they're the only game in town.
# 3
dvenetian
dvenetian
06/26/2007 8:06 am
I'm surprised you don't have Direct TV or something similar available. They seem to be in huge competition with so many of the Cable networks these days. Bet they're coming soon.
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
06/26/2007 12:46 pm
Ha, my bands soundman is a rogers repair/maintnence dude.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
06/26/2007 1:02 pm
that sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. I had very similar problems at my last house where the provider had a monopoly on the cable game. Two competitors came in within a year of each other and all of a sudden their service did a complete 180. They started offering discounts for no reason and free months of HBO/Showtime, etc... the bastards.
# 6
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
06/26/2007 5:10 pm
shouldn't this be in the "Canadian Issues" forum? :D
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 7
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
06/27/2007 1:52 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpshouldn't this be in the "Canadian Issues" forum? :D

We have threads in that part of the forum about folks like you.

( :D )
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/27/2007 1:56 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyHa, my bands soundman is a rogers repair/maintnence dude.

Next time you see him, give him a swift kick in the butt and say it's from me.
# 9
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/27/2007 8:44 pm
argh argh argh..

I'm back on the phone with Rogers again. This time I just got double billed for my cable and internet and my online billing doesn't work anymore.
The online account balance is completely different from the one in my hand.

man... the guy on the phone is completely flustered and has no idea what's going on. Now he says they didn't receive my last months payment... so I pull out my mastercard statement and it shows it as being paid.
Then he forgets what he was talking about and says that it has been paid.
Now he say's that a cheque was issued for that accont, which I won't get until July 13 but I owe another payment now to cover that account in the meantime, even though it's already paid in full and before I even get the cheque (fat chance... I wanna see the money first)

Now I'm on the phone with yet another person trying to get my online billing started up again and she doesn't have a record of my account. She asks for my wireless account number and I say I don't have one and she sounds completely confused and asks for my account number again. (actually 3 times because she kept screwing it up)
I ask her about the 9 digit number I was supposed to get so I could order the cell phone online (the thing that started this in the first place) and she says, you can't order cell phones online unless you already own a cell phone from Rogers...
arghh arghhh.... "they why the hell have I just gone through 2 days of hell combining my bills if I can't buy the damned thing anyways!!"

I literally hate this company.
# 10
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
06/27/2007 9:34 pm
Wow, I'm impressed by their level of incompetence.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.