View post (Rogers Cable and Bad Service)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/26/2007 2:33 am
Just a word of warning to avoid this place like the plague. I've probably posted rants about this place before but they've topped themselves yet again.

Previously for instance:

- took me over 6 years to get them to re-install my cable line because of a bad signal and only when I wrote to the president of the company did it finally get fixed (although even then it was another 7 months later after having a cable line hung over my front lawn all winter )
- Went through 7 cable boxes until finding one that didn't have a defect
- The internet service shuts off at least once every few days for several hours at a time.
- The cable shuts off at least once a week.

Yesterday:

- Tried to purchase a cell phone online and it wouldn't accept my account number.
I call up and they say I need to combine my all of my accounts to do it. I tell her them to go ahead. Then they accidentally cut off my internet and it takes me literally another 2 hrs, 22 minutes on hold trying to get it working again. Even then I still had to wait until the next day, and make one more phone call to get it working.

- Today I noticed half my channels had been cut off and had to call back again

- This afternoon both the internet and cable were out from 2pm until 10pm in the entire city and surrounding area.

- I just went online to purchase the phone again with my new account number, and it still won't accept it.

- tonight I get a call from Rogers asking if I'd be interested in switching to Rogers Home Phone. (my response was along the lines of "you've gotta be $#% kidding")
..just what I'd need.. a phone that goes out every few days and I can't even call up to get it fixed.