Anyone around here geeks?

ravenx495
ravenx495
04/03/2007 1:49 am
Dude, I'm a geek.

I'm an anime drawing, d'n'd playing, computer loving, guitar playing geek.

Anyone else gonna admit?
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/03/2007 1:56 am
D'n'd?.......
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
04/03/2007 2:38 am
you've got me in the D'N'D department, I wasn't even aware that was still around... but I'm a geek at heart. I'm a computer nerd in a football, baseball, basketball, wakeboarding, surfing, golfer's body.
# 3
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/03/2007 3:00 am
I get the term "Dork" more than anything , but im sure someone not up and up on proper vocabulary terms might get me confused with a geek... sorry rambeling...
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 4
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
04/03/2007 3:21 am
I'm totally a geek. Used to play D&D, still play some Magic the Gathering sometimes. I guess I'm more of a guitar geek now though (it gets you more women! Actually I'm not sure of this, my current girlfriend started going out with me before she heard me play the guitar)

She doesn't approve of me playing magic though:

Her: And just where are you off to?

Me: Er.....To the brothel! Yes that's where I'm going. I'm going to get a hooker I swear!

Her: You're off to play magic aren't you?? :mad:

Me: No of course not what are you talking about (magic deck falls out of pocket)

etc
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 5
ren
ren
04/03/2007 8:30 am
I reckon anyone that plays guitar as much as I do has to be a geek. I like to think I'm a cooler class of geek, but there's no denying it...

I'm definitely a guitar-geek... and I like some video games (only FPS really - Halo / Unreal and stuff like that)...

if that didn't make me a geek, I think I managed to make the first post here over 3G last week... :eek:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/03/2007 10:29 am
Man, I honestly think being a geek has got it's ups and downs. If you're a guitar geek, you score babes definitely, but the thing is I'm playing guitar for at least 5 hours a day, and I don't have any time to get some babes.

When I do get to the point of dating, when she finds out how much of a geek i am (dnd, anime, final fantasy, RPG playin wise), oh the pain of hiding it....
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 7
ren
ren
04/03/2007 11:22 am
Originally Posted by: ravenx495When I do get to the point of dating, when she finds out how much of a geek i am (dnd, anime, final fantasy, RPG playin wise), oh the pain of hiding it....

No point in hiding it man... you'll probably find that you don't have enough time for all that stuff as the years go by, and I imagine you'll be happy to spend 3 hours with a girl rather than 3 hours playing video games...

Never pretend to be anything other than what you are though... just find a girl geek...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 8
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/03/2007 12:45 pm
I'm probably more so considered weird, quirky, "out there", than I am a geek, but I definitely have geek qualities. I spend lots of time on the computer, love a good video game, fascinated by technology, etc... I'm mostly just a weirdo though :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 9
EPISODER
EPISODER
04/03/2007 12:50 pm
I'm totally a geek. (by the way, a geek is slightly cooler than a nerd) I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, I still have Pokemon cards, but I never play. (Waitin to sell) I play alot of video games alot but not as much as I used to. I mean, no more all-nighters for me. I play guitar alot now and plan to be a computer programmer. I go to a highschool that issues us laptops for goodness sakes. :cool: ?
[FONT=Fixedsys]A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free![/FONT] ;)
# 10
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
04/03/2007 1:52 pm
I too am a geek. Played DnD in my younger years, read the books, played Diablo 2 incessantly, and the most recent development in my geekitude is getting hooked on Star Trek DS9 and Voyager both of which choke out my DVR on a weekly basis because I record like 4 hours/day of them off of spike tv.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 11
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
04/03/2007 2:08 pm
*pops collar

im so not a geek..neither am i cool...so im a half caste orange peel

whatever that meant
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 12
Fret spider
Fret spider
04/03/2007 2:31 pm
i have geek like qualities. play computor games, play a bit too much guitar, friends gettin me into magic cards. oblivion is really startein to tempt me. oh and i guess the main thing is i do physics at degree level, and not even normal physics, theoretical physics. so i guess that makes me a geek.

on the other hand guitar is cool. and i also do kung fu which i wouldnt think is geeky, and i go out and get wasted, and have many a good time out. and with the work thing i do the smallest amount of work i can do to do well, become quit good at crammin.

so i think i ahve geek like qualities but its not what defines me. i do what i enjoy and i dont really care what label scociety puts on me for it. anyone who is gonna think less of me for any of my hobbies in my opinion is too concered with self image and really needs to lighten up.

but then again maybe im just kiddin myself :D
# 13
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
04/03/2007 3:19 pm
I was lookin at Playboys behind the tool shed while my brothers played D & D :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 14
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/03/2007 3:50 pm
I have no idea what my label was. I never really played any of the games or anything. I was never really into computer games or DND or any of that.

I usually spent my time with my nose buried in a book or listening to music. I was accepted by neither the jocks nor the heads. Generally hung out with the skinny, smart-a** kids who usually spent their time running for their lives from the knuckle-dragging, mouth breathers we went to school with.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 15
Trinivalts
Trinivalts
04/03/2007 4:04 pm
I'm definitely a geek, I played allot of different computer games in my gaming life, which was about 4 years or so, two of my main games were Red Alert 2 and Warcraft 3, I still find them to be the best strategic games ever (some would say Starcraft after that I went on to guitar. Although I very lazy at reading, I have read something (which is really not much so I can't really name a some specific books which I would have fully red lol :D . and theres nothing going on about girls with me, really can't tell why, I always had to much lack of an interest, thou I still like to look at butts.

(Sorry bout grammar! I would be happy if someone could correct my mistakes :D, I don't have English anymore at my higher education school. (stupid school, they put all the English sessions in the 1st semester. Awesomely idiotic, I guess I'll have to start posting more often, thus improving my grammar. :cool:
# 16
Logan826
High on Strat
Logan826
High on Strat
04/03/2007 4:16 pm
It's funny what you get labeled as by different crowds. What click you were in and how as you grow older life changes your role. In my younger days and through higschool I was the guy who hung out with all the crowds(clicks), nerds, jocks, stoners, anywhere there was fun to be had. I played any sport I could, time provided, kenpo, football, baseball, hockey, rodeo. I used to beat up the golfers though, they were "snobs" IMO at the time. I read my fair share of "The Hobbit" novels, loved drawing anything fantasy and played some chess aswell. Now jump to present day..I play a lot of golf, go figure, am deep into computers, love messing with RC planes and helicopters, love flying and now recently picked up a guitar. Wow, now that I read back over this I always have been sorta of a geek with a twist. LOL Hell, I just love life and thrilled to death that I have been able to enjoy the ride this far.
Long post, sorry, had some time to kill,
Dan
# 17
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/03/2007 5:40 pm
Book worm.
Music driven.
Drug ridden.
Holly
Is ridden a word?
I think not.

# 18
aschleman
aschleman
04/03/2007 5:44 pm
I was the same way... I hung out with a whole different mix of people. If the people were fun to be around... I didn't care what they were in to. Of course there was a large population of my student body that wouldn't associate themselves with me because I was the starting shortstop on the baseball team all 4 years of high school and the starting shooting/point guard for 3 years for the basketball team...... So naturally I got a lot of stereotypes put on me by people.

Even back in high school I was a strong believer in just being yourself. I never tried to put up a front... If I had a friend that was into something that I thought was a little strange I'd try to understand it...

Nowadays, my baseball career is over due to shoulder surgery... I'm getting ready to graduate college with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I work for DuPont....... some would call me a nerd just based on that.

But for anyone that is having trouble with social cliques that is in high school.... Don't ever change yourself for any reason other than for yourself. If you're into DnD... then be the best damn DnD player you can be... haha
# 19
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/03/2007 6:02 pm
Originally Posted by: ravenx495Dude, I'm a geek.

I'm an anime drawing, d'n'd playing, computer loving, guitar playing geek.

Anyone else gonna admit?

While I neither roll the twelve-sided die nor draw anime, I am a guitar-playing, Modernism-loving, English-nerd, story/poetry-writing geek.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.