View post (Anyone around here geeks?)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/03/2007 5:44 pm
I was the same way... I hung out with a whole different mix of people. If the people were fun to be around... I didn't care what they were in to. Of course there was a large population of my student body that wouldn't associate themselves with me because I was the starting shortstop on the baseball team all 4 years of high school and the starting shooting/point guard for 3 years for the basketball team...... So naturally I got a lot of stereotypes put on me by people.

Even back in high school I was a strong believer in just being yourself. I never tried to put up a front... If I had a friend that was into something that I thought was a little strange I'd try to understand it...

Nowadays, my baseball career is over due to shoulder surgery... I'm getting ready to graduate college with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I work for DuPont....... some would call me a nerd just based on that.

But for anyone that is having trouble with social cliques that is in high school.... Don't ever change yourself for any reason other than for yourself. If you're into DnD... then be the best damn DnD player you can be... haha