Valentine's Day

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
02/15/2007 2:20 pm
haha - I was wondering how long it would be before March 14th was brought up again. :rolleyes: :D

Valentine's day to me isn't about the flowers, candy or any of the other material things associated with it. It's just another day to me.

But I don't have one of those cynical buttholes either and really don't have a need for a special treatment day. ;)
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/15/2007 3:31 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI used to think like that until this past Christmas. I was talking with my cousin on Christmas morning, and somehow the topic of Valentine's day came up. She said that she's never really had a good Valentine's day because every guy she's been with has shared your sentiment. They'd say "uh, it's a made-up holiday so it doesn't matter," and they'd spend the evening watching TV. It was right about then that I realized that a lot of guys are cynical buttholes. (And just to be clear, I'm not insulting you. :))

So even though Valentine's day in no way affects a single fella like me, I don't mind it. Anything that promotes love rather than fighting is fine by me.

/goddamn hippy

I would not be insulted by the crack about being a 'cynical butthole' even if weren't true. As far as my cynicism is concerned, I've earned every rotten and hateful piece of it, I assure you of that. I admire those of you who engage in this sort of thing. It's wonderful. So a tip of the hat to you. Do me a favor though; love that person deeply and with everything you've got. It's one of those very rare things that makes a life worth living.

Be nice to your local cynic. It's not that we don't love. We just have lost the capacity for it.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
02/15/2007 7:36 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaI don't think there is a holiday that you couldn't call a "corporate holiday" anymore. I, too, always thought Valentine's Day was stupid, but I've changed my mind on that and a lot of other things in the last three months (as of Friday :) ). Now I figure that any day that gives you a reason to do something extra special for someone you care about is okay by me. Obviously you should do special things for someone you care about all the time, but there's nothing wrong with having a day to do something extra.

Groundhog Day! My fav!

# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
02/15/2007 7:46 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdImmediately one comes to mind, and then I remembered I posted about it at some point. ;)

HHAHA thats awesome.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
02/15/2007 11:38 pm
Speaking of obscure observances, I heard on the radio this morning that apparently February is Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month.
That's a government website, so I guess it's official, haha.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.