View post (Valentine's Day)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
02/15/2007 3:31 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI used to think like that until this past Christmas. I was talking with my cousin on Christmas morning, and somehow the topic of Valentine's day came up. She said that she's never really had a good Valentine's day because every guy she's been with has shared your sentiment. They'd say "uh, it's a made-up holiday so it doesn't matter," and they'd spend the evening watching TV. It was right about then that I realized that a lot of guys are cynical buttholes. (And just to be clear, I'm not insulting you. :))

So even though Valentine's day in no way affects a single fella like me, I don't mind it. Anything that promotes love rather than fighting is fine by me.

/goddamn hippy

I would not be insulted by the crack about being a 'cynical butthole' even if weren't true. As far as my cynicism is concerned, I've earned every rotten and hateful piece of it, I assure you of that. I admire those of you who engage in this sort of thing. It's wonderful. So a tip of the hat to you. Do me a favor though; love that person deeply and with everything you've got. It's one of those very rare things that makes a life worth living.

Be nice to your local cynic. It's not that we don't love. We just have lost the capacity for it.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]