Clerks 2

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/12/2007 10:14 am
I don't how many of you have seen the movie Clerks. It was possibly the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. Ridiculous random humor. Witty conversation. And it comes together brilliantly in the end.

I watched the sequel tonight. I am so disappointed right now, words cannot describe. Truly saddened by what Kevin Smith did.

Don't how many other Clerks fans there are out there, but I had to get this off my chest at a ridiculous hour......
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/12/2007 11:27 am
Clerks was awesome. I haven't had a chance to peep the new one. I was kinda sad when I saw the previews in color.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/12/2007 11:31 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaClerks was awesome. I haven't had a chance to peep the new one. I was kinda sad when I saw the previews in color.

Don't bother man...
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/12/2007 11:37 am
Haha ok I'll save $4 and wait for it to come out on Starz. :D
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/12/2007 11:59 am
Loved the original. Thought that K. Smith was going to be the new 'it' director. But I've heard such horrible things about the second one, I'll pass. Too bad that so many sequels fail miserably. Generally speaking, you can only capture that 'magic' once.

Like Caddyshack Two. Perhaps the worst film ever made. Or Godfather 3. Ugh.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/12/2007 12:07 pm
I enjoyed Clerks 2, but it was nothing in comparison to the original! However, it is understandable.... seriously... how do you top a movie like the original Clerks? :confused:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/12/2007 3:27 pm
I thought it was hilarious. But I agree, the first one was funnier.

"Try not to **** any **** on the way to the parking lot!"
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/12/2007 6:32 pm
Wow, I thought clerks 2 was pretty funny. Nowhere near as funny as the first, but still good.

As for the color thing, I love how he introduced it. The original was in black and white because that was the best camera he(Kevin Smith) could afford at the time.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 8
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/12/2007 8:16 pm
Y'know, I won't even go so far to say it wasn't funny, but it was just a totally different type of humor. For example, Jay and Silent Bob just tried way too hard to be funny in this one. I really didn't find it amusing at all because they were obviously trying to be funny. It was all toilet humor that could/has been achieved in every teen movie made since American Pie. I could go write a script where people say ****, ****, ****, balls throughout the entire thing and people would laugh also. But that takes no thought.

Take for example in Clerks 1 where it goes to the scene with Olaf, Silent Bob's cousin, and Jay is in the middle of saying "I don't care if she's my cousin or not, I'm gonna knock those boots again tonight." That type of humor is just ridiculous and hilarious to me because its so unnecessary. I shan't mention Dante and Randall's debate about personal politics amongst independent contractors when taking a job. Just pure and utter genius because its so unnecessary.

Sorry, I'm just passionate about Clerks 1. The only thing in the sequel that I actually thought was ok was the end, from the jail cell till they reopened the Quick Stop. That was some good old fashioned Clerks shtuff. But everything else was just stupid.
# 9
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
01/13/2007 2:35 am
I thought Clerks 2 was great,I agree on the whole different type of humor dealbut I still liked it.
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 10
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/14/2007 4:10 pm
My wife rented it before I could stop her. i didn't think it was all that bad. It definatly wasn't as good as the first.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 11
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
01/14/2007 4:53 pm
I love and own every Kevin Smith movie and Clerks 2, I thought, was funny as hell. Somewhat predictable? Sure... but I kind of knew that going into it. It may just be that you're so hyped to see the sequel that nothing could possibly live up to it. I was that way with Austin Powers 2. I hated it when I saw it on opening night, but then watched it again a few weeks later and thought it was hilarious. Clerks 2 was along the lines of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, which I also loved. Cheers.
# 12
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/14/2007 5:05 pm
Nope, I won't ever like it. Perhaps because it is a sequel to my favorite movie? Maybe. But they lost every aspect that made the first one so great to me. I have a very strange sense of humor. Ridiculous, random stuff gets me going, but at the same time it has to have some sense of reality to it so its not too ridiculous.
# 13
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2007 12:52 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI don't how many of you have seen the movie Clerks. It was possibly the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. Ridiculous random humor. Witty conversation. And it comes together brilliantly in the end.

I watched the sequel tonight. I am so disappointed right now, words cannot describe. Truly saddened by what Kevin Smith did.

Don't how many other Clerks fans there are out there, but I had to get this off my chest at a ridiculous hour......

I've been tempted to order it on PPV but hesitated cause sequels usually suck. (Pirates of the Caribean was a major suckfest as well as about 5 others I can't even remember)
I wasn't that impressed with the original 'Clerks' but thought it was decent because it was done on a small budget.
I've avoided the new one because it's basically this feeling that the director has gotten this crap load of money and is trying to do a 'parody' of his original movie.
The guy's intelligent and knows his stuff (evidenced by his 'conversation with Kevin Smith) movie...however.... the whole doug and bob (or whoever) thing has been played to death. These guys are way too old to be acting those parts.
Maybe if they were 16 or 17 years old, but jeez man... they're almost middle aged.
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.