View post (Clerks 2)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/12/2007 8:16 pm
Y'know, I won't even go so far to say it wasn't funny, but it was just a totally different type of humor. For example, Jay and Silent Bob just tried way too hard to be funny in this one. I really didn't find it amusing at all because they were obviously trying to be funny. It was all toilet humor that could/has been achieved in every teen movie made since American Pie. I could go write a script where people say ****, ****, ****, balls throughout the entire thing and people would laugh also. But that takes no thought.

Take for example in Clerks 1 where it goes to the scene with Olaf, Silent Bob's cousin, and Jay is in the middle of saying "I don't care if she's my cousin or not, I'm gonna knock those boots again tonight." That type of humor is just ridiculous and hilarious to me because its so unnecessary. I shan't mention Dante and Randall's debate about personal politics amongst independent contractors when taking a job. Just pure and utter genius because its so unnecessary.

Sorry, I'm just passionate about Clerks 1. The only thing in the sequel that I actually thought was ok was the end, from the jail cell till they reopened the Quick Stop. That was some good old fashioned Clerks shtuff. But everything else was just stupid.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.