View post (Clerks 2)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2007 12:52 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI don't how many of you have seen the movie Clerks. It was possibly the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. Ridiculous random humor. Witty conversation. And it comes together brilliantly in the end.

I watched the sequel tonight. I am so disappointed right now, words cannot describe. Truly saddened by what Kevin Smith did.

Don't how many other Clerks fans there are out there, but I had to get this off my chest at a ridiculous hour......

I've been tempted to order it on PPV but hesitated cause sequels usually suck. (Pirates of the Caribean was a major suckfest as well as about 5 others I can't even remember)
I wasn't that impressed with the original 'Clerks' but thought it was decent because it was done on a small budget.
I've avoided the new one because it's basically this feeling that the director has gotten this crap load of money and is trying to do a 'parody' of his original movie.
The guy's intelligent and knows his stuff (evidenced by his 'conversation with Kevin Smith) movie...however.... the whole doug and bob (or whoever) thing has been played to death. These guys are way too old to be acting those parts.
Maybe if they were 16 or 17 years old, but jeez man... they're almost middle aged.