A tip of the hat to the GT members

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/03/2007 1:04 am
You know, I was just re-reading the thread to Chuck regarding depression and something struck me about GT. There was such an outpouring of genuine concern and friendship between everyone that it just made me sit back in wonder.

I came here to learn how to play guitar (still working hard on that one!) but I stay here because of the people. Your willingness to share, joke with and encourage each other are virtues that are becoming increasingly and alarmingly rare in todays society.

I'd like to think that GT is a microcosm for a better society. A society of tolerance and acceptance.

And I wanted to say 'thank you' for that. I have not met anyone here that I would not proudly call friend.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/03/2007 2:27 am
aw shucks man....

yeah, I havnt really tried any other forums around, so I cant really say this one is the "best" community-wise, but you know what? I bet the community itself is the reason I havnt really ventured into other forums... I have no need to.

two years at GT have done me good. done me real good.

I love you guys. (and girls.)
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/03/2007 4:00 am
I ventured into the ultimate-guitar forums once....lets just say I'm still recovering. :rolleyes:

This forum does so well because Jon has great mods that keep out the bad and keep everyone from internet bickering. So lets here it for the mods. Other than that, once a member has been around for a certain amout of time, they just become a regular and we all treat each other like family.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/03/2007 4:42 am

Haha, yeah we all get along great. It is few and far between when an actual troublemaker comes in and throws salt in our kool aid. They are usually dispatched accordingly. This forum showed me a great deal of support (and still does) when my son died. For that I will be eternally grateful. :)
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/03/2007 4:49 am
Awww...group hug!
I'm still waiting for that G.T. Convention one day, whether it be in some cornfield, dreamlike Myspace Hotel, or wherever.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 5
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/03/2007 5:53 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdAwww...group hug!
I'm still waiting for that G.T. Convention one day, whether it be in some cornfield, dreamlike Myspace Hotel, or wherever.

BOB is gay I tells ya.

I agree on the microcosm thing. IT's an establish fact that this is the greatest forum in the universe.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/03/2007 8:43 am
agreed...i especially enjoyed the online drunken parties on chat...we shud really get back to doing that..hell lotta fun...i heart GT
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
01/03/2007 1:24 pm
GT will always have very special place in my heart... I came here to learn how to play guitar, and received so much more than what I anticipated. ;)
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 8
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/03/2007 2:03 pm
I've been on a few forums, but GT definitely is on my top list, I'm still amazed at the social level this forum is on, regarding the fact that the forum is huge, I'm not that active on forums nowadays and I haven't been playing guitar that much lately either cuz I'm looking for a new one (PRS all the way :D) but when that beauty comes in expect to see me more often ;)
= good music is good drinking =
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
01/03/2007 2:18 pm
What else would you expect from the greatest forum EVER...
# 10
ren
ren
01/03/2007 2:20 pm
Yep... I've used loads of 'em over the years, and this is now the only one I use at all.

I love being part of this place... :D

We need to sort out a convention though.... London works for me!

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 11
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/03/2007 2:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeGT will always have very special place in my heart... I came here to learn how to play guitar, and received so much more than what I anticipated. ;)

+1... You never know what will happen here on GT!

I've learned a lot about the guitar, music, techniques, and a lot about myself in general. I've also made a lot of awesome friends, and even met my fiance here on GT!

Sure, GT has it's ups and downs just like any other forum, but in the end, we all stick together and watch out for one another just like a big family, and that's exactly what we all are... The GT Family :)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 12
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/03/2007 4:00 pm
GT roccks. great comunity great players and everyone seems to be ailling to help each other .

as for the convention

Originally Posted by: ren
We need to sort out a convention though.... London works for me!

aorks for me too
# 13
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/03/2007 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by: renWe need to sort out a convention though.... London works for me!

I'll be around in England sometime this year, might be dropping by then ;)
# 14
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/04/2007 5:55 am
Yes'm, I loves my GT. I'm a member of that writing forum Jolly posted, but it's nothing like this. People are kinda arrogant there. I only really go there if I have something I wrote that I think is pretty good. You folks, on the other hand, are my friends, and I mean that in the truest sense of the word.

I can't believe you guys remembered the 'Myspace hotel' thing. Even I forgot that dream.
# 15
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
01/04/2007 7:10 pm
This thread is making me feel a little gross. But yes we are awesome. *pats self on head*

# 16
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/04/2007 8:15 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyThis thread is making me feel a little gross. But yes we are awesome. *pats self on head*

Gross? Really? That certainly wasn't my intention. It's tough for me to fight my natural inclination which is never to notice anything good. But I am trying to change the way I see things and I just wanted to note how impressed I am by the folks here at GT. I find most to be very friendly and helpful. It's nice to see compassion and understanding and a willingness to help.

It's my natural world-view to see things in a very, very negative way. I have always believed that all good acts are simply a cover for their true intentions. I have always believed that no one does anything out of the goodness of their heart. That there is always an ulterior motive. Something hidden, something sinister.

But like I said, I was trying to change my world-view.

But I've learned something; it's practically impossible to change your true-self and if you decide to try it, do it in private. No sense in laying yourself open in public. Nothing good comes from that.

So I learned something. And no day is a waste when you learn something.

Selah,

H60
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 17
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/04/2007 8:52 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI think GT is pretty much the perfect society model.

*runs naked through the GT wilderness*

ambiguity?

*does series of star jumps around akira
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 18
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/04/2007 10:27 pm
GT is awesome. I've gone to some other forums, and usually people argue in every thread and act like total dicks.

Everyone here is pretty much freakin-sweet
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 19
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/05/2007 10:54 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Gross? Really? That certainly wasn't my intention. It's tough for me to fight my natural inclination which is never to notice anything good. But I am trying to change the way I see things and I just wanted to note how impressed I am by the folks here at GT. I find most to be very friendly and helpful. It's nice to see compassion and understanding and a willingness to help.

It's my natural world-view to see things in a very, very negative way. I have always believed that all good acts are simply a cover for their true intentions. I have always believed that no one does anything out of the goodness of their heart. That there is always an ulterior motive. Something hidden, something sinister.

But like I said, I was trying to change my world-view.

But I've learned something; it's practically impossible to change your true-self and if you decide to try it, do it in private. No sense in laying yourself open in public. Nothing good comes from that.

So I learned something. And no day is a waste when you learn something.

Selah,

H60

had to react on this ;)

your mind can change, if you ask it to, I've changed tremendously over the past 9 months (it's often caused by a huge loss or great pain), such situations give you a huge motivation to change, I agree that you can't change your true self, your characteristics, but you can bend them, it's all about how you deal with life in every aspect, feelings, people, prejudices, values and moral code, the way to change comes from understanding, be completely aware of why things are the way they are and why people act the way they do

I also agree agree on the fact that you should be careful saying those things in public, most people aren't in the same 'world of change' you're in and won't understand. What I've experienced is that most people are afraid, cause they're not ready to be confronted with such life issues, common knowledge that people are afraid of change, fear of things they don't understand/the unknown

once I've set my mind on something I wanna find out, I won't stop until I find it! screw the unknown! :p
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.