View post (A tip of the hat to the GT members)

View thread

GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/05/2007 10:54 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Gross? Really? That certainly wasn't my intention. It's tough for me to fight my natural inclination which is never to notice anything good. But I am trying to change the way I see things and I just wanted to note how impressed I am by the folks here at GT. I find most to be very friendly and helpful. It's nice to see compassion and understanding and a willingness to help.

It's my natural world-view to see things in a very, very negative way. I have always believed that all good acts are simply a cover for their true intentions. I have always believed that no one does anything out of the goodness of their heart. That there is always an ulterior motive. Something hidden, something sinister.

But like I said, I was trying to change my world-view.

But I've learned something; it's practically impossible to change your true-self and if you decide to try it, do it in private. No sense in laying yourself open in public. Nothing good comes from that.

So I learned something. And no day is a waste when you learn something.

Selah,

H60

had to react on this ;)

your mind can change, if you ask it to, I've changed tremendously over the past 9 months (it's often caused by a huge loss or great pain), such situations give you a huge motivation to change, I agree that you can't change your true self, your characteristics, but you can bend them, it's all about how you deal with life in every aspect, feelings, people, prejudices, values and moral code, the way to change comes from understanding, be completely aware of why things are the way they are and why people act the way they do

I also agree agree on the fact that you should be careful saying those things in public, most people aren't in the same 'world of change' you're in and won't understand. What I've experienced is that most people are afraid, cause they're not ready to be confronted with such life issues, common knowledge that people are afraid of change, fear of things they don't understand/the unknown

once I've set my mind on something I wanna find out, I won't stop until I find it! screw the unknown! :p
= good music is good drinking =