Tattoo

Krunek
Krunek
09/02/2006 5:14 am
Ok, I was considering getting another tattoo for a while now. Since this one is going to be big (I was thinking about a dragon, going from my back to my chest. With wings, one would go down my shoulder, and another up to my neck.) I am thinking about a bio tattoo. You know, the one that fades after few years. Now, I have spoken to few people on the subject and opinions are divided. Some say it doesn"t fade away completely. This one girl saed that it does, but during that time, it looks really bad cause it doesn"t fade away all at once but partially. Some parts faster, some slower... Plus, real tattoo salons don"t do bio. You have to go to a cosmetic salon to get one of those.
And, painting a body has to be done by expert... So maybe a permanent one, after all? Can"t decide.

Help me out here people, please. Any of you had some experience with bio tattoos?
How does that look like? How does it fade? Actually, any first hand information would be aprecciated.
# 1
Fret spider
Fret spider
09/02/2006 11:52 am
i think if ur gonna get a tatooo you should get a proper one. theres no use spendin ages of time when the tatoo is half there and half not cos that would look bad. i havent got any tats but its crossed my mind many times.

i have one friend who regrets his one but he did it for all the wrong reasons, someone called him a pussy and told him he couldnt take the pain, so he went and got one. and now has been it from his mom for 2 and a bit years.

i alwaysthink a big tatoo would be cool cos it could remind u when ur old of te great times u had in ur youth.

but please dont become one of those people who have 20 million tatoos. it just stops lookin good in any way.
# 2
Mark Pav
Mark Pav
09/02/2006 5:01 pm
Warning: Very Un-Rock 'n' Roll Post to Follow.

I have a couple of tattoos. I probably wouldn't have got them if I could do it all again. I don't mind how they look, but they can have a bad effect on your health, especially if you're sensitive to stuff, like I am. :( I can't wear colognes and such, because my body doesn't do well with chemicals. Things have changed a bit with tattoos, but when I got mine some places were still using some fairly toxic things in the inks. Some of the dyes have mercury in them. Others have cadmium, aluminum, and so on. Those things all cause mental and emotional problems if you get enough in your system.

The short story is: if you do want to get a real tattoo, ask them what inks they use and then do some research on the ingredients. It can save you some problems later on.
# 3
Krunek
Krunek
09/02/2006 6:39 pm
Originally Posted by: Mark PavWarning: Very Un-Rock 'n' Roll Post to Follow.

I have a couple of tattoos. I probably wouldn't have got them if I could do it all again. I don't mind how they look, but they can have a bad effect on your health, especially if you're sensitive to stuff, like I am. I can't wear colognes and such, because my body doesn't do well with chemicals. Things have changed a bit with tattoos, but when I got mine some places were still using some fairly toxic things in the inks. Some of the dyes have mercury in them. Others have cadmium, aluminum, and so on. Those things all cause mental and emotional problems if you get enough in your system.

The short story is: if you do want to get a real tattoo, ask them what inks they use and then do some research on the ingredients. It can save you some problems later on.

Oh, but I have a tattoo already, a real one. No problems with that one. Just, this other one i am thinking of, it would be really big, so i was thinking of a bio. But then again, maybe not. Don"t know. As for foreign things in my sistem... Marky, my man... If anything, anything, ANYTHING survives inside my body after the amount of alcohol I am pouring into it, that would be a miracle. A miracle indeed... ;) I am not sensitive. Hey, I grew up in a village. A real country boy, ate corn bread and stuff... Heck, I could probably chew nails. If they had any alcohol in it, that is... ;)
Ok, the question here was bio tattoos. Anybody has any experience with those? Please?
Marky? I heard those alergies and oversensitivities can be beaten... But you have to go to school. :p
# 4
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
09/02/2006 6:40 pm
I love tattoos... especially on men.

I have one, and it wasn't an impulse decision.. I thought long and hard about it because I knew it would be forever. I love my tattoo, and it is every part of me as any other part of my body. I do want a couple more, but i haven't quite decided on what I want yet.. I have some ideas, but nothing specific yet.

If you aren't sure you want a permanent tattoo.. I wouldn't recommend getting one at all.. even those bio tattoos could stain your skin for many years and I would agree anything that fades, wouldn't fade evenly.. and my guess it would look poor after awhile. And a tattoo is a big decision.. it is forever, even if you do pay to have it "removed" later on.. the ink is still in your skin where it will be forever...
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 5
Krunek
Krunek
09/02/2006 6:48 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeI love tattoos... especially on men.

I have one, and it wasn't an impulse decision.. I thought long and hard about it because I knew it would be forever. I love my tattoo, and it is every part of me as any other part of my body. I do want a couple more, but i haven't quite decided on what I want yet.. I have some ideas, but nothing specific yet.

If you aren't sure you want a permanent tattoo.. I wouldn't recommend getting one at all.. even those bio tattoos could stain your skin for many years and I would agree anything that fades, wouldn't fade evenly.. and my guess it would look poor after awhile. And a tattoo is a big decision.. it is forever, even if you do pay to have it "removed" later on.. the ink is still in your skin where it will be forever...

Hehehe... Thanks for the advice. If this can straighten things up a bit, I am 27. Know what I am doing. I already have a tattoo, so... Thought this over.
It is because of the size I am thinking of a bio... And the placement. Maybe it would be visible in short sleeves, and I wouldn"t want that... Heck, if I manage to pass the college( :eek: ), I might be working somewhere where you have to wear short sleeve shirt... White one, with striped tie... hehehe. :)
As for quality, Tonja, it is no worse than a real one. Actually, you can"t telll a difference. Until it starts to fade, of course. Don"t know. Ah, those hard decidions... :) Maybe a real one, then. Or not? Uhm...
# 6
Mark Pav
Mark Pav
09/02/2006 7:12 pm
Originally Posted by: KrunekMarky? I heard those alergies and oversensitivities can be beaten... But you have to go to school. :p

Ooh, now you're pushing it. :p Actually, I have been to school and most of what I learnt was a big, fat waste of time. Not that it isn't handy if I want a well-paying job, but there is so much information taught that is either redundant for most applications or downright incorrect. And most people can learn at a faster rate than they allow for. But that's another thread.

Back to the tattoo. I guess you could always get the temporary one and then later on you could have someone go over it to make it permanent if you decide you want to keep it.
# 7
Krunek
Krunek
09/02/2006 7:20 pm
Originally Posted by: Mark PavOoh, now you're pushing it. Actually, I have been to school and most of what I learnt was a big, fat waste of time. Not that it isn't handy if I want a well-paying job, but there is so much information taught that is either redundant for most applications or downright incorrect. And most people can learn at a faster rate than they allow for. But that's another thread.

Back to the tattoo. I guess you could always get the temporary one and then later on you could have someone go over it to make it permanent if you decide you want to keep it.

Why, Marky, that was such a reasonable and well written reply... School like... :D :p ;)
I think that is what i will do. With a tattoo.
# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/03/2006 12:23 am
I was thinking of getting a tattoo on my anus so I'd have better aim on the toilet.
# 9
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/03/2006 12:40 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeI was thinking of getting a tattoo on my anus so I'd have better aim on the toilet.

and that contributed to this thread in what way? :confused: :rolleyes:

I say it's all or nothing when it comes to tattoo's. Go big, or go home. Check out this thread for a bit more info on tattoo's... >CLICK HERE<
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 10
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/03/2006 12:48 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaand that contributed to this thread in what way? :confused: :rolleyes:

Fine....
I'll just go home and get an anal ring instead.
Screw you guys... I'm going home....
# 11
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/03/2006 12:51 am
That is a mental picture that I hope never enters my mind again!!!!! :eek:

Thank you schmange... I am scarred for life now! :(
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 12
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/03/2006 3:23 am
I say get a real tattoo. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. I always wanted to have a the fron claws and head of a dragon kinda "bursting" out of my chest and then on my back have his back legs and tail coming out of another tear in my skin. I think that would be cool.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
earthman buck
earthman buck
09/03/2006 3:31 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI say get a real tattoo. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. I always wanted to have a the fron claws and head of a dragon kinda "bursting" out of my chest and then on my back have his back legs and tail coming out of another tear in my skin. I think that would be cool.

Ell oh ell.

I love how every tattoo ever in the history of humanity is like, a dragon, a skull, a butterfly, or a heart. And they all have flames shooting every which way.

If I ever get a tattoo, it's gonna be something really weird, like a single waffle. Something to make people go WTF?!?!
# 14
Krunek
Krunek
09/03/2006 2:07 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeI was thinking of getting a tattoo on my anus so I'd have better aim on the toilet.

You won"t believe this, but I have this friend who is, uhm, how should I put it mildly and cultural??!! Eh, Crazy as a bucket. Insane. To put it mildly...
He has a bunch of tattoos.. Scorpio on hisc neck, on one of his shoulders there is a writting that says **** the pain, on the other one hexenmeister (that is german for uhm, how do you guys say it?? a male witch?) and so on. He says he is now considering getting one just above his a** that would say: Entrance forbidden. In german, he is better in german. LMAO! Not bad, heh?
# 15
Krunek
Krunek
09/03/2006 2:14 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI say get a real tattoo. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. I always wanted to have a the fron claws and head of a dragon kinda "bursting" out of my chest and then on my back have his back legs and tail coming out of another tear in my skin. I think that would be cool.

I was considering the same thing... I mean, not really the same, but a similar...
But then I gave up, cause I have some chest hair. It wouldn"t look good then...
So I went to this other idea, from my back to chest... But it wouldn"t actually cover the chest because of the reason mentioned. But yeah, ninja, the idea, at least to me is very, very cool.
# 16
Krunek
Krunek
09/03/2006 2:32 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaand that contributed to this thread in what way? :confused: :rolleyes:

I say it's all or nothing when it comes to tattoo's. Go big, or go home. Check out this thread for a bit more info on tattoo's... >CLICK HERE<

Thanks buddy. Whoa, I had no idea that schmange is so antitattoo guy...
He called us, what there? We want look cool in front of other people? Not certain in ourselves or something like that? Well now... That was not very nice...
Jaws have been dislocated for less than that... hehehe. ;) Just kidding...
But it wasn"t a nice thing to say, by all means. I think people with tattoos are no different than others... But then again, beatuy is in the eye of the beholder. Thanks for the reply, PRS!
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.