Bad News

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
08/08/2006 11:03 pm
This is sad, infuriating, ridiculous, and more.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/08/2006 11:30 pm
Where the **** were her parents? They should be euthanized.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Mark Pav
Mark Pav
08/08/2006 11:38 pm
When I was about 12 I reached into a zoo enclosure to pat a wallaby or something. It bit the top of my thumb off. My mum said, "That'll teach you".
# 3
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
08/09/2006 12:04 am
Haha!...I just read one of the comments by the readers on the bottom of that article...sums it up well:

I hope the next barrier that rotten kid crosses leads to a grizzly bear den. Six injections was a small price to pay to save this wonderful exhibit. Shame on the parents.

Posted by: Nancy

[/FONT]
# 4
earthman buck
earthman buck
08/09/2006 1:26 am
I like how they had to bring up the Lion King to explain what a meerkat is.

Gotta love the public.
# 5
mreumreum
Guitar Player
mreumreum
Guitar Player
08/09/2006 1:26 pm
is it me , or people are just getting more and more stupid ?

:)

maybe one day or another they will euthanize a panda because he didnt accept to share his food with a kid ...
Med :
www.myspace.com/silentboxspace
# 6
aschleman
aschleman
08/09/2006 1:28 pm
They should change their policy from euthanizing a wild animal that is acting on it's natural instinct to forcing the idiotic child to undergo the rabies shots. The Zoo should have made it mandotory... It's not like the family could sue the Zoo... The parents should be prosectured for child neglect and for procreating an idiot. For the sake of it, I hope that the Meerkat that bit her did have rabies.
# 7
ren
ren
08/09/2006 2:44 pm
:mad:

Our relationship with animals causes me problems anyway - although I acknowledge that captive breeding helps species that we endangered anyway from becoming extinct, I still don't like that we put them on show. Contrary to popular belief, they don't belong to us, or anyone else.

I'm a bit of a tree-hugger I guess, lifelong vegetarian and although I expect to be berated for it, I would no sooner kill a cat/dog/meerkat/elephant than one of you... and do not accept any justification for it.

I don't think that would hapen in the UK, but then again, we alledgedly have erradicted rabies here. Maybe if she doesn't have rabies, she'll at least get gangrene and have to have a finger amputated....

Could the family not sue the zoo? In the UK we hear all sorts of stories about litigious Americans suing for nothing - personal favourite, the original winner (and origin of the name) for the Stella Awards:

Stella's grandson is driving her car, and she has a cup of McDonalds' coffee in her lap. He brakes, throws it all over herself and then sucessfully sues McD for thousands, and is the reason the cups now say 'caution, contents hot'..... duh?

Should you wish to see just how stupid people are, check this out...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 8
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/09/2006 3:28 pm
God I hope not!

Americans have too become engrossed with the "Litigation" Lottery".
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
08/09/2006 4:56 pm
I don't think any lawyer would be able to win with that case though... All they would have to do is prove that the girl clumb on the rocks... where a sign clearly stated "Do Not Climb on Rocks" then had to reach through a tiny cevace to reach the meerkats... I don't see any possibility for litigation. Maybe if there were no sign posted... But since she clumb on the rocks the Zoo might be able to prosecute for some sort of trespassing.
# 10
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
08/09/2006 4:57 pm
Are rabies shots in anyway dangerous or something? :confused: because I don't understand why her parents wouldn't just make her get the rabies shots.

I don't even like animals and this makes me a little sad.

# 11
aschleman
aschleman
08/09/2006 6:59 pm
They're not dangerous at all... they're just painful. So I've been told. I don't know anyone who has had to get them though.
# 12
earthman buck
earthman buck
08/09/2006 10:00 pm
I think my cousin had to get a rabies shot when she went on a trip to Greece and Italy (because Greeks like to bite people, of course). I think she said they give it to you right in the ass, and it is immensely painful.
# 13
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
08/09/2006 10:21 pm
Thats rediculos. If it were up to me, the girl would be on her own cause the signs said to stay off the rocks and there had to be no petting signs. Like others said, where the hell were her parents at? The little brat should have went through the shots and the parents should have went through the doctor bills. The animals and zoo should't have had to gone through with that because of other peoples stupidity and ignorance.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 14
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
08/09/2006 11:14 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI don't think any lawyer would be able to win with that case though... All they would have to do is prove that the girl clumb on the rocks... where a sign clearly stated "Do Not Climb on Rocks" then had to reach through a tiny cevace to reach the meerkats... I don't see any possibility for litigation. Maybe if there were no sign posted... But since she clumb on the rocks the Zoo might be able to prosecute for some sort of trespassing.

I don't know. I think 99.9% of suing is ridiculous and has only caused increased paranoia about doing anything. They might be able to get the zoo for alurement or something...on the other hand-it is a zoo.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 15
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/09/2006 11:40 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyI don't know. I think 99.9% of suing is ridiculous and has only caused increased paranoia about doing anything. They might be able to get the zoo for alurement or something...on the other hand-it is a zoo.

That's basically it....the fear of being sued.
You wouldn't believe some of the stupid rules that are happening these days because of the 'litigation' culture.
Schoolyards that won't allow kids to have snowball fights, getting rid of all the playground equipment like swings because somebody might get hurt or making games like conckers against the rules because it might hurt somebody.
Jeez.... it freaks me out about the way we used to be able to do stuff when I was a kid that would be considered 'child neglect' today.
# 16
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
08/09/2006 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: schmange
Schoolyards that won't allow kids to have snowball fights.

On that topic...
It's beyond ridiculous. The facists in charge of our high school have decided that being caught throwing a snowball warrants a one day suspension. Unbelievable. Retarded. Crap.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 17
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
08/10/2006 12:16 am
And to continue that line of thought, there's schools nowadays that are making "tag" (I'm not sure what conckers is?) against the rules...leads to confrontations they say. Yep, swings are fading out like see-saws. And now I've heard that if a student is having a party of some sort (birthday, sleepover, etc) the kids are not allowed to hand out invitations or even discuss it unless everyone in the class is invited/involved. Wouldn't want someone to be uncombfortable.
[/FONT]
# 18
Mark Pav
Mark Pav
08/10/2006 12:37 am
Many US families that I know won't let their neighbours' children jump on their trampolines unless their neighbours sign a waver promising to not sue if their kids get hurt. It's something I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

Originally Posted by: iihollyAre rabies shots in anyway dangerous or something? :confused: because I don't understand why her parents wouldn't just make her get the rabies shots.

All vaccinations have risks. People have died from adverse reactions and other people have been injured for life. Up until recently it was ok for pharmecutical companies to use mercury as a preservative in vaccinations of different kinds--mercury being one of the most neurotoxic elements we've yet discovered. You can still find nasty stuff in vaccines, although they've been phasing out mercury in them for a few years now. But that's a whole new thread topic. :)
# 19
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/10/2006 2:15 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyOn that topic...
It's beyond ridiculous. The facists in charge of our high school have decided that being caught throwing a snowball warrants a one day suspension. Unbelievable. Retarded. Crap.

I've never understood the concept of a suspension.
I mean, you do something wrong... and you get a day off school as a reward.
I don't get it.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.