Death Becomes Them

rightturnonly
Full Access
rightturnonly
Full Access
08/02/2006 4:27 pm
I have always felt bad when young musician Icons lost their lives before their time was up or they had reached a time in their life when all their dreams were coming true. Maybe I'm wrong, but these people went out with a bang to always be remembered. Rather than growing old and sinking into obscurity. Playing the same circuits that made them famous or opening for newer acts.
Just to name a few Buddy Holly,Hendrix, Dwane Allman, Curt Cobain, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Richie Vallens. And so many more. These people still live on and as long as we don't forget them, They will continue to live.......and live they did
some reaching hights that are only dreamed of.
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2006 5:37 pm
Don't feel bad for Kurt Cobain... he killed himself. You should be more angry at him than feel bad for him. He wasted a great talent on writing songs with catchy lyrics good guitar riffs and bad "solos"... He COULD have been so much more but after they got famous he pretty much gave up. Don't feel bad for Kurt Cobain.
# 2
rightturnonly
Full Access
rightturnonly
Full Access
08/02/2006 7:08 pm
I really don't know much about Curt, not my generation, I just put him in there.
trying to relate to the young folks. Maybe Kurt left more unanswered questions behind. Like, what went so wrong? That this young influential young man took his life. I know DRUGS, but hey aren't they a symptom of a thing that is below the surface.His death must have had a strong effect on some. Thanks for spellin his name I won't forget that. JIm :)
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2006 7:28 pm
Haha... I know what you meant by it. But it stuck out like one of those "which of the following doesn't belong? horse, cow, automobile" Questions on the SAT's. The other deaths weren't self inflicted... intentionally... well I guess to be technically correct Kurt did ALLEGEDLY commit suicide...

Drugs can sometimes be the "turn to" when individuals have underlying problems... Psychological problems like manic depression, severe depression... as well as hormonal imbalances... chemical imbalances and bipolar conditions... A lot of times sufferers turn to drugs to "numb" the pain or take their mind of the current problems. With Cobain... his success allowed him unlimited access to the very death of him... Whether his suicide was drug induced, or simply the lack there of... We'll never know. Either way, it was a wasted life... and he shouldn't be a role model outside of his music. Another one that falls under the same category as Cobain is Layne Staley...

The others on that list should be remembered for what they were... Would they ever be as popular today without their violent thrust into publicity by their deaths?? No one knows... They will be immortalized either way...

A few others... John Bonham, Freddie Mercury, and Ronnie Van Zant.
# 4
rightturnonly
Full Access
rightturnonly
Full Access
08/02/2006 7:42 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanHaha... I know what you meant by it. But it stuck out like one of those "which of the following doesn't belong? horse, cow, automobile" Questions on the SAT's. The other deaths weren't self inflicted... intentionally... well I guess to be technically correct Kurt did ALLEGEDLY commit suicide...

Drugs can sometimes be the "turn to" when individuals have underlying problems... Psychological problems like manic depression, severe depression... as well as hormonal imbalances... chemical imbalances and bipolar conditions... A lot of times sufferers turn to drugs to "numb" the pain or take their mind of the current problems. With Cobain... his success allowed him unlimited access to the very death of him... Whether his suicide was drug induced, or simply the lack there of... We'll never know. Either way, it was a wasted life... and he shouldn't be a role model outside of his music. Another one that falls under the same category as Cobain is Layne Staley...

The others on that list should be remembered for what they were... Would they ever be as popular today without their violent thrust into publicity by their deaths?? No one knows... They will be immortalized either way...

A few others... John Bonham, Freddie Mercury, and Ronnie Van Zant.
"That was a good conversation" "The last Samuri....."I was so much older then, I'm younger then that now"
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
08/03/2006 5:17 am
Originally Posted by: aschlemanDon't feel bad for Kurt Cobain... he killed himself. You should be more angry at him than feel bad for him. He wasted a great talent on writing songs with catchy lyrics good guitar riffs and bad "solos"...[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I can also see the point of all those crappy "Cobain was a martyr" Nirvana documentaries. I mean, here's a kid from the streets who grew up basically with one set of clothes and a guitar. His friends were a bunch of punks who despised fame and all its bringings. He's on the bottom rung of society. All of a sudden, he's on top. Nirvana is a worldwide phenomenon. All of his punk friends disown him, while the media hounds him relentlessly. How would you feel? I'm not saying you should feel sorry for him, but I don't think it makes much sense to be angry about it. It was drastic, yes, but I think he made his point. And in a way that everyone will always remember.

[QUOTE=aschleman]He COULD have been so much more but after they got famous he pretty much gave up. Don't feel bad for Kurt Cobain.

I don't know. How can you be more than the biggest band in the world?
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.