View post (Death Becomes Them)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
08/03/2006 5:17 am
Originally Posted by: aschlemanDon't feel bad for Kurt Cobain... he killed himself. You should be more angry at him than feel bad for him. He wasted a great talent on writing songs with catchy lyrics good guitar riffs and bad "solos"...[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I can also see the point of all those crappy "Cobain was a martyr" Nirvana documentaries. I mean, here's a kid from the streets who grew up basically with one set of clothes and a guitar. His friends were a bunch of punks who despised fame and all its bringings. He's on the bottom rung of society. All of a sudden, he's on top. Nirvana is a worldwide phenomenon. All of his punk friends disown him, while the media hounds him relentlessly. How would you feel? I'm not saying you should feel sorry for him, but I don't think it makes much sense to be angry about it. It was drastic, yes, but I think he made his point. And in a way that everyone will always remember.

[QUOTE=aschleman]He COULD have been so much more but after they got famous he pretty much gave up. Don't feel bad for Kurt Cobain.

I don't know. How can you be more than the biggest band in the world?