The Greasy Knots first gig (seriously!)

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/23/2006 1:36 am
Sooo, how about that video :mad: :D :eek:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/23/2006 2:46 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccSooo, how about that video :mad: :D :eek:

Patience, my pet. This here is dial-up country. It could potentially take months. Even years.
# 2
acapella
acapella
10/23/2006 3:11 am
Well, okay. Sometime (probably monday) my brother will have the video in VHS form. Problem is, I don't know how to get it from VHS to computer. Anyone?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/23/2006 6:39 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaWell, okay. Sometime (probably monday) my brother will have the video in VHS form. Problem is, I don't know how to get it from VHS to computer. Anyone?

what form is it in before he puts it to VHS? if it was filmed with a digital camera, it would be pointless to go from digital to analog only to go back to digital again. (not to mention how it would lower quality)

I'm not even sure if you can get a video from VHS onto a computer without converting the VHS to DVD with one of those DVD recorders that have VHS on one side and DVD on the other.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
acapella
acapella
10/23/2006 3:27 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswhat form is it in before he puts it to VHS? if it was filmed with a digital camera, it would be pointless to go from digital to analog only to go back to digital again. (not to mention how it would lower quality)

I'm not even sure if you can get a video from VHS onto a computer without converting the VHS to DVD with one of those DVD recorders that have VHS on one side and DVD on the other.

Well the camera is pretty clunky, and when you rewind it and stuff on the camera it goes liney and fuzzy like a tape does, so I assume that it's on some sort of tape in there. I don't have a DVD recorder thingy, but I guess I could take it to Wal-Mart or something, and they could do it there? Once it's on DVD I guess I could upload it, huh?
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/23/2006 3:42 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaWell the camera is pretty clunky, and when you rewind it and stuff on the camera it goes liney and fuzzy like a tape does, so I assume that it's on some sort of tape in there. I don't have a DVD recorder thingy, but I guess I could take it to Wal-Mart or something, and they could do it there? Once it's on DVD I guess I could upload it, huh?

I'm sure you can upload from a DVD. how you do that is a totally different story, and I have no idea how. I dunno if wal-mart will let you do it, but you could always try, if not, find a friend that has one.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 6
pure
pure
10/25/2006 3:09 am
even if the camera records with a tape, as long as its digital (has a screen you can look at) it should have a bunch of plugs to connect to things like a/v out for tv and maybe something that will work for your computer. if that doesnt work maybe you can connect it to a dvd recorder and have it recird the tape.

im taking tv production classes so if you dont figure something out, ill ask my teacher because everything is recorded on a tape in that class and they end up in the computers somehow and im sure it takes less steps than to record to dvd then to computer... but the equipment might be expensive so i dont know.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 7
acapella
acapella
10/25/2006 7:25 pm
Yeah, I guess you might as well ask. I don't actually have the camera though. Come to think of it, I never got that tape either...
# 8
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/26/2006 2:01 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaYeah, I guess you might as well ask. I don't actually have the camera though. Come to think of it, I never got that tape either...

Ha...guess that's kinda important. :D

Now go get that tape. :mad:
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 9
pure
pure
10/28/2006 7:47 pm
ill ask tuesday.. the next time i see him. but the info's kinda useless without the tape.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 10
acapella
acapella
10/30/2006 4:46 pm
Well I have the tape now. So, make with the instruction.
# 11
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/04/2006 7:04 am
So we have another show on the 9th. That is in about 5 days.

Here's what I love about the Greasy Knots: our carelessness. After our first gig, we didn't practice much. Like, for 11 days. We started practicing again on the 1st of this month. We practiced the 2nd as well. We will practice again on the 7th, and more than likely, the 8th. So basically, we have two practices in which to write two new songs. Interestingly enough, we're not worried about it at all. It'll all work out, it seems.

I just wanted to contrast how for our first show, we had months and months of practice and still panicked our nuts off. For our second show we had about 3 weeks, of which we only utilized one, but we don't care.

Seems like the spirit of rock has entered our veins at last.
# 12
acapella
acapella
11/04/2006 10:30 pm
Yyyyyep. I kind of wrote a new one. I think. I might still hate it, I don't know yet.
# 13
acapella
acapella
11/10/2006 8:37 pm
Little update for y'alls. We did the show last night, and it was...all right. There weren't as many people as last time, probably only thirty or so. Also they all sat down around the edges of the room. And they only turned off half of the lights. So it wasn't all that exciting. But on the plus side I found that we were all a lot more comfortable this time which makes the show more enjoyable for everyone. The only real screw up was when we were playing "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" by the White Stripes, and I forgot the words to one of the verses. Nobody really seemed to mind/notice though. A bunch of people showed up for the third or fourth band, which was kind of dissapointing, as I wish they had seen us as well. Oh well. Hopefully we play again. One guy said that we were "the best band there" and that we "do all this crazy **** and it's just like 'whatever', like you you're doing this crazy stuff and you don't even care." He also said we should "not play first, you should go on in the middle when everybody's pumped up." So that was cool. Also, when we played Living To Kill, Brendon heard someone from where one of the other bands was say "that was genius." All in all we did pretty good for having almost never practiced, and playing two of the songs only two or three times previously. Oh! And we got payed! This guy asked us what we wanted and at first I said nothing, but in the end I let him give us $20 for gas. I think next time somebody asks us I'll make it $30 so that we can divide it evenly. We thought it would be rude to go ask for ten more though. :D And...we'll tell you how the next one goes, assuming there is a next one. Which we certainly hope there is.
# 14
ren
ren
11/10/2006 8:55 pm
sweet dude... on the way to going pro! :cool:

The first time you get paid for slinging a guitar around.... mmmm.... doesn't get much better than that

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 15
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/10/2006 8:59 pm
I predict someone in the near future will make fun of us for playing a White Stripes song.

The band that put on the show was pretty cool, we ended up buying a CD each.

Another cool thing about the show was how the frontman for one of the other bands (the band that invited us to our first show) liked my Yamaha AE500 so much he asked to play it. I let him, of course, and he used it to play what is arguably their best known song. Hooray Aunt Pauline!
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.