View post (The Greasy Knots first gig (seriously!))

View thread

acapella
acapella
11/10/2006 8:37 pm
Little update for y'alls. We did the show last night, and it was...all right. There weren't as many people as last time, probably only thirty or so. Also they all sat down around the edges of the room. And they only turned off half of the lights. So it wasn't all that exciting. But on the plus side I found that we were all a lot more comfortable this time which makes the show more enjoyable for everyone. The only real screw up was when we were playing "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" by the White Stripes, and I forgot the words to one of the verses. Nobody really seemed to mind/notice though. A bunch of people showed up for the third or fourth band, which was kind of dissapointing, as I wish they had seen us as well. Oh well. Hopefully we play again. One guy said that we were "the best band there" and that we "do all this crazy **** and it's just like 'whatever', like you you're doing this crazy stuff and you don't even care." He also said we should "not play first, you should go on in the middle when everybody's pumped up." So that was cool. Also, when we played Living To Kill, Brendon heard someone from where one of the other bands was say "that was genius." All in all we did pretty good for having almost never practiced, and playing two of the songs only two or three times previously. Oh! And we got payed! This guy asked us what we wanted and at first I said nothing, but in the end I let him give us $20 for gas. I think next time somebody asks us I'll make it $30 so that we can divide it evenly. We thought it would be rude to go ask for ten more though. :D And...we'll tell you how the next one goes, assuming there is a next one. Which we certainly hope there is.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.