Encourage me :(

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/18/2006 8:26 pm
yo dude, my band used to suck... big time... but we dealt with it. we kept practicing, and over time we realized that certain people were dragging the band down. so we moved some people around (like putting the acoustic guitar player on bass, etc.) and we tried again... better... but no cigar, then a few people quit the band. once only the people who were serious were left, the band became better. we began communicating more, we began enjoying our practice, our confidence grew, our skills grew, and we began to learn each others style a bit more (like PRS said about him and his drummer). it just takes some time and some COMMUNICATION. if something isn't working, then it needs to be changed. sometimes you have to forget about your ego and play what's better for the band rather than a 10 minute guitar solo. but with some time you'll get better.

btw, our band now is hella good! and I still get a guitar solo now and then. we get compliments all the time now, and I was even told once "Dude, you're the next Jon Hall" (Jon Hall is the craziest guitar player in the entire church, in fact he's just one of the best people I've ever seen in person... so in other words that was quite a compliment!)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
pure
pure
04/18/2006 9:19 pm
acapella listen. i'll have to go miles to find a band to play with where i live. so just be happy you're even in a band.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
04/18/2006 9:30 pm
I wish more of those kids at my high school were as smart as you and realized you suck before playing in front of everyone...At least you know you have to work on your stuff.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3
pure
pure
04/18/2006 9:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Tele MasterI wish more of those kids at my high school were as smart as you and realized you suck before playing in front of everyone...At least you know you have to work on your stuff.

whats funny about that is i was in a high school rock band club and i realised how much everybody else sucked and i was the only good player so i quit.. and they did a concert... and they sucked....
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/19/2006 2:09 am
Originally Posted by: purewhats funny about that is i was in a high school rock band club and i realised how much everybody else sucked and i was the only good player so i quit.. and they did a concert... and they sucked....

That reminds me of my days in high school. Some people I was jamming with and I all sucked as a whole and we were supposed to play in front of people. It was an outside event and it had started raining though so the whole thing was cancelled immediately... Yeah, I'm very grateful for that.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/19/2006 7:55 pm
Originally Posted by: Akira
My second longish post in two days, I think I'm getting PonyOneitis. :p[/QUOTE]
Careful...my uncle died of PonyOneitis! :rolleyes:
[QUOTE=pure]acapella listen. i'll have to go miles to find a band to play with where i live. so just be happy you're even in a band.

I honestly don't see how that could help someone.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.