View post (Encourage me :()

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/18/2006 8:26 pm
yo dude, my band used to suck... big time... but we dealt with it. we kept practicing, and over time we realized that certain people were dragging the band down. so we moved some people around (like putting the acoustic guitar player on bass, etc.) and we tried again... better... but no cigar, then a few people quit the band. once only the people who were serious were left, the band became better. we began communicating more, we began enjoying our practice, our confidence grew, our skills grew, and we began to learn each others style a bit more (like PRS said about him and his drummer). it just takes some time and some COMMUNICATION. if something isn't working, then it needs to be changed. sometimes you have to forget about your ego and play what's better for the band rather than a 10 minute guitar solo. but with some time you'll get better.

btw, our band now is hella good! and I still get a guitar solo now and then. we get compliments all the time now, and I was even told once "Dude, you're the next Jon Hall" (Jon Hall is the craziest guitar player in the entire church, in fact he's just one of the best people I've ever seen in person... so in other words that was quite a compliment!)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace