If I died tomorrow...

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/10/2006 2:47 am
If I died tomorrow I think my last words would be "yesterday I was a king."

Well, the weekend itself has gone great, not just today. I made a pit stop at a local music shop which had a fire in the basement and all the gear on display upstairs received smoke damage. So it's all basically just dirty and the shop went as far as to knock everything down to 50% off. So I figured I'd take my business in there and see if I could find anything... well... I did. A BC Rich Warlock NJ Series with a Floyd Rose Speedloader tremolo on it. Ebony fret board, alder (I think) body, bolt-on neck, 24 frets, and all the whammy wankage I could ever ask for. A good polishing job on it and I'll be good to go with it. There's nothing wrong with it other than it's got some powder on it and I'm paying less than $500 after tax on it. That means I've got two guitars in two different shops in layaway both with the same amount of money left to pay off. So I'll be getting two guitars at once. How about them apples? And that was just Saturday. Today I went and got a new tattoo which is that of my avatar. The eye of Horus that is and it came out really well. So yeah, I'm doing good today. How about all of you? Any of you have as good of a weekend as I?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Kutzki
Kutzki
04/10/2006 3:13 am
I Jamed over a Stevie Ray Vaughan Cd and had some pizza.
I dono man its pretty close...
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
04/10/2006 8:43 am
Cryptic, man, you are so lucky - enjoy yourself with that axe. :)

My weekend - fencing training, jamming over my lead practice CD, playing "Watermelon Man" about a thousand times out of sheer boredom, eating, sleeping... meh, the usual. Somebody start a fire in the local music shop's basement, will ya? :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
04/10/2006 8:45 am
Originally Posted by: CW14 sunday my band crumbled. Whoopity goddamn doo.

Sorry for the double post, everybody, but...

Whoa. Crumbled? As in broke up? The band that wrote "Alfred the Clown" broke up?!

You can't be serious, man! :(

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
04/10/2006 8:50 am
watching movies, jamming on my new amp together with my bassplaying friend, getting drunk, studying for my exams, checking out music writing theory

guess it was allright ;)

btw, omg Cryptic :eek: you lucky freak :p
= good music is good drinking =
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
04/10/2006 11:16 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraSunday sucked for me, it was one of those days where if something could go wrong, it would.

Did anything actually go wrong? Or was it just a horrible "cliff-hanger" sort of bad day?

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
04/10/2006 11:30 am
damn Akira, you feel just like I've been feeling the last three weeks, allthough I had a different reason, my girl broke up with me after 2,5 years, so I kinda fell in one huge gap, trying to climb out of there

good to hear things are better today, in such situations, just don't think too much, always worked for me :p
= good music is good drinking =
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
04/10/2006 3:18 pm
The weekend, eh? Well, I had to work both days, from 7 to 4. On Sunday I felt so crappy I actually thought I had Avian flu for a little while. Then someone told me I had to work next weekend too, and since Sunday is Easter, I get paid double time. That's $17 an hour. It cheered me right up.

Also, while walking amongst the turkeys, I came up with words for a song a wrote, which was a pleasant change from the state of writer's block I seem to live my life in.

All in all, everything worked out pretty well.
# 8
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
04/10/2006 4:52 pm
being a one man band kicks ass... no problems watsoever...or maybe a 2 man band... :D
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/10/2006 6:25 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxbeing a one man band kicks ass... no problems watsoever...or maybe a 2 man band... :D

Up until performance time. I like writing by myself, but I tend to write so much that unless 90% of it was preprogrammed it wouldn't be possible by myself. And that's fine, I guess, but you lose that aspect of a real band playing. I've seen one man bands perform before and it got old fast. By that I mean really old and really fast.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.